I need more than one wallet in my pocket

easysurfer

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
I realized something today. One wallet in my pocket is not enough.

I need my regular wallet and another one just for all those membership cards (grocery, pharmacy, shopping discounts, etc.) Those smaller "cards" that fit on the keyring always break off.

I've read it's always a good idea to have more than one wallet anyhow. One being a dummy wallet in case of getting robbed. That way the theif may end up taking the dummy wallet instead of the good one.

Frank started carrying his paper money separate from his wallet.

His wallet began to self destruct, so he decided to temporarily use a smaller wallet (a gift from last Christmas). It is a very thin tri-fold, and it can't hold both his cards and his money.

I think he needs a money clip (or something?) as well as the wallet.

If you go to two wallets, you can give a thief the one with the $$$ in it and keep the one with the ID, credit cards, and so on. Of course, he might just blow your head off and take the other wallet too.

If you carry two wallets in your back pant pockets, make sure they're the same thickness. Gotta keep the buns balanced....:)

Frank started carrying his paper money separate from his wallet.

His wallet began to self destruct, so he decided to temporarily use a smaller wallet (a gift from last Christmas). It is a very thin tri-fold, and it can't hold both his cards and his money.

I think he needs a money clip (or something?) as well as the wallet.

If you go to two wallets, you can give a thief the one with the $$$ in it and keep the one with the ID, credit cards, and so on. Of course, he might just blow your head off and take the other wallet too.

Actually, I heard the strategy is, of course, if you think the thief isn't gonna blow your head off, to pull a dummy wallet out, toss it on the ground several feet away from you and make a dash for it. The rational is that the theif has to choose between the wallet or go after you.

If you can avoid it, do not to let the theif put a gun to you and say, in the car as those victims rarely make it out alive.

My disclaimer: not from personal experience but from what I heard and read.

I rebelled against a purse, fannypac, etc. I carry a credit card and DL in one pocket and a little folding money in the other. I linked my store cards to my phone number (grocery). Health club card is in the gym bag. So far, so good.

When we were in MX last winter, we did carry a decoy wallet (photo copy of DL and passport and enough pesos to make a potential thief happy...at least not p$$'d off. Never had to use it.

Back
Top Bottom