If you could beqeath to one party outside the family, who would get the $ ?

Probably Cancer Society (mom died of breast cancer) and Heart&Stroke Foundation (dad died of a stroke). Have given to both of these consistently all my working life (mom died in 1970).

Depending on how well retirement goes, I am considering setting up a Trust administered by my (only 2) sons and paying them well to make investment decisions so that the Trust can make annual donations.

Excellent suggestions and ideas all.

Salvation Army

Hospice

The Rotary Foundation
Planned Parenthood
My alma mater
The Transverse Myelitis Foundation
The Kulshan Community Land Trust (local housing group) may get my house.
Possibly some anti-tobacco group or the American Lung Assoc.

I don't plan on leaving anything to extended family...just my kids (siblings and parents are all out of luck :) ), but should my entire immediate family pre-decease me, I'd leave my 200 acre farm to a nature/conservation outfit like Audobon or Nature Conservancy (not sure which is "better"). I'd want the place to be preserved in perpitiuity. I'd also include enough money to perform basic maintenance on the place forever as well...maybe some amount that spits off another 30K per year or so for general upkeep.

The rest I'd like to go the local hosiptal, specifically the birthing center/wing were all of my 4 kids were born. Maybe even get a plaque in the hall that all those soon-to-be new parents can read as they pace endlessly up and down the corridor waiting for the big event... :)

#1. Saint Judes Hospitol. (for children with cancer)
#2 Doctors without Borders

Lazarus said:
Don't give it to the national orginization. Give it to the local troops. Your local troop recieves nothing from the national orginization.
But how do you think the national organization is funded? Through the local troops.

Back
Top Bottom