I'm Fine, Thanks

Here it is almost Sept 2012 and I don't recall seeing it advertised in the theaters. Sounds like the old "live your dreams" message.

What is it about?
Adam Baker's a fairly well-known personal-finance blogger who started Man Vs Debt with his spouse. Welcome to the Man Vs. Debt Community! He's been doing pretty good at it, in a rock-star entrepreneurial kind of way.

But what really gained attention was his Kickstarter fundraising of nearly 4500 backers and over $100K to film the documentary.
I'm Fine, Thanks by Crank Tank Studios — Kickstarter

I'm Fine, Thanks is a new, feature-length documentary about complacency. It's a collection of stories about life, the choices we all make, and the paths we ultimately decide to follow.
We examine the factors that motivate and drive our major life choices. And, most importantly, whether or not the path we follow through life - and the habits we form based on that path - are truly connected with who we really are as individuals.
This is a movie about the moment people realize the life they're living is not the life that's true to their heart... and, as a result, what they decide to do about it!
One of the people he interviewed is Pat Flynn of SmartPassiveIncome.com, one of the top two or three professional personal-finance bloggers.
“I’m Fine, Thanks”

I don't think it'll ever get picked up for release by documentary distributors, let alone Hollywood, but it's a shining star of how Kickstarter is supposed to work. Even better, it shows how entrepreneurs can use their blogs to generate a living wage and lead the life they'd like to live.

Old message, sure, and over the last five years it's become more achievable with less capital than ever before.

Back
Top Bottom