I'm Going to Limit my Internet Time

I've decided I spend too much time on the golf course. But I'm not going to do a damn thing about it. 8)

I have been thinking about bacon too much and I am going to do something about it.

I'm not cutting it out altogether, just cutting down on general looking around, making silly comments, etc.

I've gotten so much done today! Stained the deck, overhauled a bike hub, and now I'm going to go on a bike ride and then practice.

Gotta go!

I'm not cutting it out altogether, just cutting down on general looking around, making silly comments, etc.

I've gotten so much done today! Stained the deck, overhauled a bike hub, and now I'm going to go on a bike ride and then practice.

Gotta go!

Damn, I'm tired from just reading what you have done today. I think you are better off sitting on the sofa with a glass of wine surfing the net. Won't work up a sweat that way. :)

Yeah, see he's hedging already...

I give him a couple of hours, maybe a day before another silly comment pops up...

Could Al just be lurking? I mean, surfing around but not logged in. Can you check his IP? Somehow, I don't believe him.

I just decided that I was exhibiting some of those "You may be addicted if..." behaviors. For example, checking online before eating breakfast, or getting drawn to computer when walking by, and spending several hours on it. Planning to stop in a minute, but still on an hour later.

You probably won't even notice a change, I'll still be checking in here, but just a little less time in front of the screen.

Hi,I'm Jason, and I'm an internetaholic as well. (Hi jason.....)

I first realized I had a problem when I decided to look at my retirement portfolio while sitting on my commode one morning.

Switch to an RSS reader Al - you can skim through the posts in a heartbeat and get back on the bike or the board.

What's your favorite RSS reader ? I've tried a couple and had a hard time. Thanks.

I felt the same way at one point. I dealt with it by using the STANDBY button on my computer. I didn't want to shut it down and have to start it up when I needed it again, but I also didn't want it on all day and instantly accessible. If I left it on, it was too easy to just check one more thing, read one more site, watch one more YouTube video and all too often I lost large blocks of time.

Now, when I leave my computer, I put it Standby mode. Nothings running, but it comes back quickly when I need it again. I tend to do all my online stuff in batches, put the computer in Standby and walk away. Often I'm not back on it for hours or even into the evening.

I even found a way to put the Standby button on the desktop. This is working well for me except for when the cat walks across the keyboard or bumps the mouse and wakes the computer when I'm not there. There is probably a way to have a key combination to wake from standby. Another minor issue is that there is a small delay before it reconnects to the internet, but I've gotten used to it.

I first realized I had a problem when I decided to look at my retirement portfolio while sitting on my commode one morning.

Similar problem. Most mornings I turn on the PC to see how far down the toilet my retirement portfolio has sunk. :(

Back
Top Bottom