Inspirational video for Obama

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh come on - just think if we all get together we can become an Obamanation:)

You poisoned any non-emotional political discussion that might go on in this thread.

People have opinion and point of view. You start with the personal attacks and that ends the civil conversation.

Of course, no one wants to be called a racist even though they really are. I was not the only one to detect that tendency. You can call it a personal attack if you want. Be my guest. I've seen worst on here and I've also seen people get away with really nasty comments but one that sullies a good man name that many people support will not go unanswered by me so just accept that and move on. How would you like to your beloved president to be compared to Hitler? I hope you'll take it lying down.

It is so difficult to discuss history with someone who knows nothing of it.

Ha

Go on, make assumptions. You are proving you that you are nothing but a pompous ........

Hah, how do you know he is my candidate. I am trying to fair to the guy. Give him a break.

She has been the Secretary of State since 2005, but the same concept holds true. Yes, when you become the NSA or Sec. State, you know that you are serving at the pleasure of the president and should generally be onboard. At some point, however, you have to say "enough is enough, you are ruining the country and I can't be part of it" and quit.
This is an interesting assertion, but I believe that her behavior while perhaps not a political plus is a character plus, and may indicate more than anything that she is unwilling to arrogate to herself judgment capabilities that go beyond the available facts.

Even all the hatred that is recently directed at Bush over WMDs to me stinks of dogs tearing up the carcass of a badly wounded bear. Like another poster pointed out, Saddam did have WMD. Are chemical weapons WMD in the sense that we are talking about? Yes. Did Saddam deploy chemical weapons against citizens of Iraq? Yes. So Saddam had WMD, case closed.

Bush and all his policies are at present very unpopular. Given time, we may find that a reasoned appraisal would give him much higher rating.

For these reasons I feel that Dr. Rice's refusal to save her political skin over her duty to her country says a lot about the high quality of her character.

Ha

From what I have read of Condoleeza Rice, she seems eminently qualified and I think McCain would be wise to make her his VP candidate. To me, the principal downside is that she has too often been the "good soldier" going along with GWB.

And how does that make her qualified? She would be exactly what you don't want for this country. Someone that can't stand up for what's right is in no way qualified to be a leader.

This is an interesting assertion, but I believe that her behavior while perhaps not a political plus is a character plus, and may indicate more than anything that she is unwilling to arrogate to herself judgment capabilities that go beyond the available facts.

Even all the hatred that is recently directed at Bush over WMDs to me stinks of dogs tearing up the carcass of a badly wounded bear. Like another poster pointed out, Saddam did have WMD. Are chemical weapons WMD in the sense that we are talking about? Yes. Did Saddam deploy chemical weapons against citizens of Iraq? Yes. So Saddam had WMD, case closed.

Bush and all his policies are at present very unpopular. Given time, we may find that a reasoned appraisal would give him much higher rating.

For these reasons I feel that Dr. Rice's refusal to save her political skin over her duty to her country says a lot about the high quality of her character.

Ha

You could be right; time will tell whether she was loyal to the country or to GWB.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom