Internet-Free Sundays

CuppaJoe

Moderator Emeritus
It's 11:23 p.m. here. Anyone else doing an "internet-free" Sunday tomorrow? If you don't post, I'll take that as a yes. Yes, I guess posting from a cafe with free access counts as a yes.

Heck, no! I mean it's Sunday.....what else is there to do besides sit around and enjoy life.....and 'surf' some. Since it's Sunday, you can't go shopping or to the malls Remember?...Sunday..... kids & working people swarming those places 'cause it's their weekend....their free time. It would be like getting close to a hornet's nest.....you could do it, but you'd be sorry! All the crowds, and the bumping & jostling, and the traffic....and...and...!!! Why willingly & knowingly expose yourself to unnecessary aggravation, and risk raising your BP?!

So, NOPE! I ain't laying aside my internet use just cause it's some 'working-class' holiday! I'll surf some, sit under the shade tree [-]some[/-], have a bite to eat, surf some, sit under the shade tree [-]some[/-]......rinse...repeat....

:D

Heck, no! I mean it's Sunday.....what else is there to do besides sit around and enjoy life.....and 'surf' some. Since it's Sunday, you can't go shopping or to the malls Remember?...Sunday..... kids & working people swarming those places 'cause it's theirtheir free time. weekend.... It would be like getting close to a hornet's nest.....you could do it, but you'd be sorry! All the crowds, and the bumping & jostling, and the traffic....and...and...!!! Why willingly & knowingly expose yourself to unnecessary aggravation, and risk raising your BP?!

So, NOPE! I ain't laying aside my internet use just cause it's some 'working-class' holiday! I'll surf some, sit under the shade tree [-]some[/-], have a bite to eat, surf some, sit under the shade tree [-]some[/-]......rinse...repeat....

:D

If I had to choose an 'no internet' day, it would be Monday: most folks at work/school, and no financial stuff to look at from the day before.

No way. Friday was mostly Internet-free. Saturday was mostly Internet-free. The rest of today is probably going to be that way, too, but mainly because I'll be too busy with other things. Really looking forward to the workweek beginning again tomorrow so that we can get our errands & planning done.

It's Sunday?
You know, the day before "Thank God it's Monday!!"...

What is the point of a "no internet" day?

My agency was taken off the internet (due to a lawsuit) for over six months a few years back. It was almost impossible to conduct business. We had to use snail mail and phone. All this in the midst of the "paperless government" initiatives. :rolleyes:

I wonder what work would be like on a "no calculator" day where everyone had to resort to an abacus or counting on their fingers and toes. I sure would wear clean socks. :2funny:

If I had to choose an 'no internet' day, it would be Monday: most folks at work/school, and no financial stuff to look at from the day before.
True. And that's also a good day to shop if you need to...NO crowds! I could easily live w/o internet on Mondays....IF I had to.

Internet-free days? The only days that have been Internet-free in the last several years were on camping trips. To me, surfing the web = taking a shower --> you don't need to do it everyday, but it feels weird without it.

I've been Internet-free since '93.

I post here telepathically.

Nope - Saint's won last night(not on local cable - Chief's), Cajun cooker has chicken thigh's to go with the Gumbo she is making - so plenty of hurry up and wait time.

Hard core druggie - internet, cell phone, Tom Tom - and here I thought I could quit anytime.

heh heh heh - :eek:. It all started with a little ol' Webtv! - then the hard core.

It's an addiction. Many of us here have it. You know who you are.

No internet on Sunday? What else do you want from me, my first born child?
Last week I had no internet for an entire day (I was switching from Comcast to another cable internet provider), and I swear I had withdrawal symptoms...

When my modem died, I got my fix at the library. I think I need help. :p

either i partied a little hard last night and need a few moments to just hang out today and recoup or i'm not really here but just a figment of your imagination.

Back
Top Bottom