Got faked out on an Amazon order this week.

We use Amazon quite a bit. I do online comparisons with WM and Sam’s Club for household items (laundry soap, TP…) and go with what’s cheapest. I don’t find joy in brick and mortar shopping with gas, parking and now “slider” crime in parking lots.

Recently read a tip to use the Save for Later button on the Amazon cart. Wait 48 hours before purchasing and you’ll often find you don’t still want it and will delete it. In my case this has been the case with home decor, pet toys and even grandkids’ impulse gift picks.

No issues with delivery. The new house we’re having built has a package delivery door from porch to garage. Has a key lock to unlock if expecting a package and keep locked other times. Will work for smaller boxes and packages.

I've had a couple of strange things happen with Amazon just this week, to my (slight) benefit.

I ordered a package of 16 cheap disposable tablecloths. I got 2 boxes delivered, each with a package of 16. And they were very different looking boxes.

Then I ordered Aleve, 270 caplet size. One box, with 2 small manufacturer boxes with 200 caplet bottle in each. That's hardly to my benefit,because the expiration date is 03/2024. And now I remember why I don't order meds I take irregularly from Amazon, because it's often stuff that will expire soon. I've heard Costco does this too. Better to just go to a store, even just the meds section of a grocery store to be able to check the exp date. I usually keep meds around a year of so after expiry, but there's still no way I'm using 2 Aleve a day for the next 18 months. So this really was of no benefit to me.

According to https://www.menshealth.com/health/a19546002/when-to-toss-your-meds/#...

The active ingredient in Aleve soldiers on, according to a joint study from the Department of Defense and the FDA. The scientists discovered that naproxen retains its pain-killing potency for an average of 52 months after the expiration date. Keep in mind, however, that the tablets tested were still sealed in their original packaging, so an opened bottle probably won't last quite as long. And if you notice that your pills have changed color or started to crumble, just discard them, says Cory.

According to https://www.menshealth.com/health/a19546002/when-to-toss-your-meds/#...

The active ingredient in Aleve soldiers on, according to a joint study from the Department of Defense and the FDA. The scientists discovered that naproxen retains its pain-killing potency for an average of 52 months after the expiration date. Keep in mind, however, that the tablets tested were still sealed in their original packaging, so an opened bottle probably won't last quite as long. And if you notice that your pills have changed color or started to crumble, just discard them, says Cory.

I knew the expiry date didn't have to be the discard date, but this is longer than I thought. Thanks for the info.

Amazon does do Sunday deliveries, if they are doing it themselves.

I know that but those rug grippers are part of a four piece order and only $6. What's up with the other three items? Are they going to be held up until Sunday too?

We are users of Amazon in our house. Today is unusual, my son had two orders due today and I have two orders due today. Although I was not aware of my sons packages.

At 3:30 the mailman delivers a package, it was for my son, drat! I checked my Amazon orders, yup two orders, both should be here by 8pm today.
At 5:00 the mailman delivers another package, ah my stuff, Double drat, this package is also for my son. Curious to see if my mailman will be here 3 times or 4 times today.

EDIT: to add.
My today 8pm deliveries have been changed to 9pm tomorrow. :mad:

Well, this is a revolting development, the package I was told would arrive yesterday, I'm now being told by Amazon, that if I don't have it by the 24th, ask for a refund. They are not even tracking it anymore!

Well, this is a revolting development, the package I was told would arrive yesterday, I'm now being told by Amazon, that if I don't have it by the 24th, ask for a refund. They are not even tracking it anymore!

When they tell you to ask for a refund, it means it's "gone"!:LOL:

I feel for you. For every 30-40 items I order from Amazon, there's 1 that gets delayed for some reason. It's like a 1-2 day delay.
I still think Prime's worth it, since I watch the Prime videos.

I've been buying odds and ends for my new house to make it more complete. Things like rugs for the bathrooms, motion sensing light switches, etc. But I ordered a narrow table for the hallway and the ad said "Free Prime Delivery Thursday" and it was Sunday night when I placed the order. This is an inexpensive Chinese made table. (aren't they all on Amazon?)

What I didn't notice was "which" Thursday the thing would show up. It is 11 days from when I ordered it. Kind of faked me out saying "Prime Delivery".

Live and learn and pay more attention!

And on another note, Amazon deliveries are all over the place.....like overnight is sometimes three days after they ran the delivery back to the warehouse because they couldn't find my house? And two day is three with a handoff to the post office. But, for the most part, they are pretty good with deliveries.

So I'm considering dropping Prime next February when my next annual payment is due. I really don't need anything bad enough where I can't just run out and buy it locally. And I don't watch Prime TV or listen to their music.

Anybody else getting frustrated with Amazon's policies and delivery performance or feel that Prime is not worth the annual fee?

We live 20 miles from a small town of 12,000, and an hour to a medium sized town of 30,000 and 2 hours to a city(Nashville). Amazon saves us time and money, if we had to drive to a retail store for the items we buy on Amazon, our fuel bill would double. Most deliveries are two days, one day sometimes, and never more than 3 days. I've ordered tires from discount tire or tire rack and had them installed locally and at a lower price than walmart. We direct ship gifts from online retailers to family scattered all over the country.

When you live in Hawaii, shipping costs are a definite factor! Yes, I can probably match or beat Amazon's prices, but I'm old enough to be lazy! We've placed 87 orders in the past 3 months, & I'm not sure if those include Subscribe & Save. DW's "hobby" is her 11 very large Maine Coon cats, & not having to drag bags & cans of cat food from Costco & Sam's Club would be enough reason to keep Prime, for me.

I'm not a big user of Prime TV, but I do have Amazon's free music playing through my Amazon Echo device pretty much all day long. My biggest problem with Amazon is how things are packaged. Just received a box with 6 cans of soup, using my 3 large bags of potato chips as packing material! I purposely didn't order them together, but that didn't matter, & it wasn't the first time, either. DW will use the crumbs for cooking, but I still have to use Chat to complain, & to get the chips replaced, this time including a full refund.

One thing I like is that Amazon seldom runs out of the items we enjoy. For example, DW & I drink Zoa, a LOT of it! Not only is it a few dollars cheaper on Amazon, but it's always in stock. Considering that Zoa is a local product, you'd expect that it would always be available at local stores, but that's not the way it happens, & we finally gave up on trying to find it out here. I did discover that using Subscribe & Save gives you first shot at Amazon products, so if they're short, those of us on S&S will get ours first.

Back
Top Bottom