Judge orders halt to NSA wiretap program

Yes, it's true. They got him for using solar panels and driving an electric car. He also was a vegan!!

Yes, but you can't be too hard on the FBI. You know the type. Ask any cop. They always know the type.  

Hmm, are there "terrorists" among us right now? Nords has solar panels! Rich has a hybrid and even wrote that he likes it!

And I'm a vegetarian. Yea, Sure. It's for  medical reasons, but you know the type.

astromeria said:
does the FBI think terrorists attend public meetings and identify themselves?  ::) :-[

No, not in this case anyway. That was pretty clear.  However, the sensationalist columnist from the St Louis newspaper did!  What a jerk. 

The Corps conducts meetings such as this one many, many times a year and there are usually activists in attendance.  I attended two meetings concerning minimum water flow from the Bull Shoals Dam on the White River to keep water temps in the tail waters cool enough for trout. There were plenty of people speaking their mind on no uncertain terms! No one from the press misinterpreted their intentions.

Why did this St Louis reporter have to blow this incident up as a terrorist threat?  Personal fame?  $PROFIT$ for the newspaper?

The Corp contacted the FBI because of what was said by the columnist, not because of anything said at the meeting.

Anyway, the real issue is whether we should remove Corps built dams, dikes, reserviors, retaining walls, etc. across the country and restore free flowing steams.  Hey......why not?  Let's go for it.

For both fishing and canoeing, free flowing, non-channelized streams reign!  Electrical generation, barge traffic, drinking water storage, flood control, etc., can all be done some other way.

This improbable surveillance campaign is the subject of a new documentary, “The U.S. vs. John Lennon.” The film makes two important points about domestic surveillance, one well-known, the other quite surprising. With the nation in the midst of a new domestic spying debate, the story is a cautionary tale.
The F.B.I.’s surveillance of Lennon is a reminder of how easily domestic spying can become unmoored from any legitimate law enforcement purpose. What is more surprising, and ultimately more unsettling, is the degree to which the surveillance turns out to have been intertwined with electoral politics.
Lennon had been involved in high-profile antiwar activities going back to 1969, but the bureau did not formally open its investigation until January 1972 — the year of Nixon’s re-election campaign. In March, just as the presidential campaign was heating up, the Immigration and Naturalization Service refused to renew Lennon’s visa, and began deportation proceedings. Nixon was re-elected in November, and a month later, the F.B.I. closed its investigation.

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/09/21/opinion/21thu4.html?_r=1&oref=slogin

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom