Kim Kardashian

easysurfer

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
Never ever thought I'd make a post about Kim Kardashian. Actually, the current news story of her being robbed at gunpoint is the only story of her that I've ever paid any attention to.

Watching the nightly news tonight, looks like she may have unknowingly tipped off the robbers by Snapchatting, showing audiences where she was, when she'd be out, what valuables she had on.

This type of crime isn't new though as I know athletes have been targets and victims as folks kinda know when they are out of town on game day.

Okay, this is probably gonna be the final time I post with Kim Kardashian as the title :facepalm:.

But she wasn't out when robbed, in fact they allegedly tied her up. Seems worse things could have happened to her, she's lucky.

Slow news week for the Kardashian's had to do something crazy.

Excellent! I've been meaning to test the "Ignore Thread" option.

I've never been a fan of that family or Kanye. In fact, I quite dislike all of them. That being said, I wouldn't wish what she went thru on anyone. It's a good lesson for the wealthy people that you shouldn't keep so many valuables in one place. A little better security wouldn't hurt either.

First world problems, I'm sure it was an inside job and the jewelry was probably over insured. Great publicity for Kim K. though, which is tough to get in this election silly season.

That being said, I wouldn't wish what she went thru on anyone.

If she went through what she went through, and it wasn't a publicity stunt or a fraud.

(As with everyone else I just clicked on this due to WTF? )

Oops...Frayne posted while I was typing.

If she went through what she went through, and it wasn't a publicity stunt or a fraud.

(As with everyone else I just clicked on this due to WTF? )

Oops...Frayne posted while I was typing.

I have a hard time believing that a couple that is worth around 1/4 of a billion $$$ would commit fraud by staging a robbery. Makes no sense. Maybe i'm just gullible but I think it was real.

Yeah they have too much to lose to risk faking something like this. Could have gone much worse and as much as I don't like/follow any of them, it doesn't sound like you'd wish what happened to her on anyone.

I have a hard time believing that a couple that is worth around 1/4 of a billion $$$ would commit fraud by staging a robbery. Makes no sense. Maybe i'm just gullible but I think it was real.

Well....there's this, (which I just Googled):

10 Convincing Publicity Stunts Orchestrated By Celebrities - TheRichest

It may have been due to a slow season of Keeping up With The Kardashians at the time, or competitive sibling rivalry, thanks to younger sister Khloe’s sudden marriage to Lamar Odom, and older sister Kourtney’s new baby, but whatever the reason, Kim thought it was a good idea to marry boyfriend of six months Kris Humphries in an extravagant, widely televised, acclaimed “wedding of the century,” right behind the royal wedding of 2012. An event believed to be set up for the sole purpose of increasing ratings and generating tons of cash. Kim Kardashian reportedly made $17.9 million for her marriage to Kris, which lasted a total of 72 days. Apparently everyone was in on the conspiracy except for Kris Humphries, who later sued Kim and delayed divorce proceedings for as long as possible, accusing his ex-wife of fraud and infidelity, with her now husband Kanye West. Many underestimate Kim Kardashian, who is very clearly, one of the savviest business women in the industry, and is also believed to work closely with the very tabloids she frequently bashes to keep her brand in constant promotion, in order to maintain her popularity.

Having oodles of money and wanting publicity are two entirely separate things.

I have no idea if it was staged or real. Just saying, what little I know of the family, they seem addicted to getting whatever pub they can.

As they say in show biz, any publicity is good publicity.

Who cares?

But she made $45 million last year from an app! The app is how to shop like her or something. See the article in Forbes:
Forbes Welcome

No thanks, I don't care and Forbes doesn't like ad blockers so I don't read their stuff either.

Well, it's rather rude to say this, but it couldn't have happened to a nicer girl.

Either staged for a insurance payoff, or she is really stupid. Nobody with that level of money in jewelry would go out in public, in a foreign land no less, with the real thing. Use fake substitutes. Low risk and still fools people from a distance.

I would have though she was constantly surrounded by security. I'm not the larcenous type, but I think I would go after a softer target. YMMV

One version I heard is that the robbers were pros who just want rob and not do physical harm. A quick theft then get out. Those darn jewelry thefts. But in another version, she begged (scary stuff) for her life.

You'd think there should be good security footage and the place was a mansion.

I'll give her the benefit of the doubt until I see a gas station with a damaged poster.

Be nice if Kim and the rest of being famous for being famous, would fade into oblivion.

But then what would the tabloids be worth? And, what would the world of patsies do for intellectual stimulation?

Back
Top Bottom