Let Me Recommend Calvados

haha

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
My son gave me a bottle of Calvados, "Grand Solage Boulard". Yee-haw, this is one fine brandy. :)

Mikey

mikey said:
My son gave me a bottle of Calvados, "Grand Solage Boulard". Yee-haw, this is one fine brandy. :)

Enjoy. :)

How does it compare to a VSOP fine champagne cognac?

MJ

MJ said:
Enjoy.  :)

How does it compare to a VSOP fine champagne cognac?

MJ
MJ, thank you. My favorite cognac is Remy Martin VSOP. An unbelievably smooth libation. Calvados doesn't quite match that smoothness. But it is very smooth, and an interesting taste that differs from cognac. It of course is made from apples, not grapes, and comes from the Northwest Coast of France.

Mikey

I didn't know it was made from apples. I guess you can only compare the enjoyment of each.

mikey said:
MJ, thank you. My favorite cognac is Remy Martin VSOP. An unbelievably smooth libation. Calvados doesn't quite match that smoothness. But it is very smooth, and an interesting taste that differs from cognac. It of course is made from apples, not grapes, and comes from the Northwest Coast of France.

Mikey

Mikey,

If you are a lover of Cognacs, you should try some Pierre Ferrand Ambre - 10 year old. - A guy that regulary bought $400 bottle of Cognacs turned me on to this one. It can be had for around $29 a bottle. Make sure it is the 10 year old stuff. The 20, 25, 30 prices are all over $200! :p

Remy Martin VSOP had a remarkable effect on dirty blondes in 1960's Seattle - at least that's my memory. I take it the stuff is still around - absolutely no idea about the apple part though.

unclemick2 said:
Remy Martin VSOP had a remarkable effect on dirty blondes in 1960's Seattle - at least that's my memory. I take it the stuff is still around - absolutely no idea about the apple part though.

Remy is made from grapes; Calvados from apples. Apples don't work on women of any hair color except red.

Mikey

Whoa, O.K., first ther "I don't know you", now Mikey is Ha Ha? I'm easily confused guys, this is messing with my head! :confused:

Now I think I should change my name just to make it fair!

I'm getting confused.  Please don't change your icons or I won't know who you are. 

Oh...well the heh heh gives it away. :D

dont like it, mainly use it for cooking. love good cognac, scotch, and boubon though

Back
Top Bottom