Lifelogging

I care! :greetings10: What great news...! :flowers: I can rest easy now knowing you won't trip on your laces.....:LOL:

I read an article about 15 years ago talking about the future glut of hard drives with people's personal stuff on them, pictures, journals, documents, spreadsheets, etc. The author was pointing out that in the (pre-computer) past the people left after somebody dies had to wade through boxes of stuff, but that it was at least limited.

Amen. One of my brothers and I just recently completed such a multi-generational archive dive. Now the photo albums and whatnot are in the hands of a nephew who's digitizing everything. So we're working on multiplying the storage after the fact.

With the advent of electronic storage it multiplied by hundreds of times, and eventually there would be boxes full of family hard drives. So now, with practically unlimited space on the social networks it's going to be even worse. I suspect that within 10 years you won't be able to walk along the information super-highway because of all the litter.

Heh. The good news is that between bulk degaussers and metal shredders, it's easier to get rid of that unwanted electronic data securely. I don't plan on ever leaving anything important on any social network. (Oops! Did I just slam my pearls of wisdom? :D )

I think that this is a symptom of how self-absorbed we have become.
I think people have always been like that. Dale Carnegie talks about it in How to Win Friends and Influence People, published in 1936. A person's favorite topic is his or herself.

An excerpt:

Carnegie.jpg

Well I or one just recently started a blog... more for myself to get my stuff together and to have an easily accessible place for my plans, lists, etc... I am using this board and others to bring together what I hop is my paln for retirement and the time thereafter... boring:confused:?? probably, but it servers a purpose for me and a few of my better friends that will offer me constructive advise...

After all I still have a lot of Mondays left...

Back
Top Bottom