like a seinfeld episode

mn54

Full time employment: Posting here.
DW and I went to the local Dairy Queen. We each wanted a small Blizzard. I asked for a banana, strawberry, and pineapple Blizzard. DW asked for a strawberry and pineapple one. The worker tells us it will cost extra for the extra toppings. I look at the list of choices for Blizzards and ask what is in a banana split Blizzard. He says banana, strawberry, pineapple and chocolate. I tell him to give us two banana split Blizzards. In one leave out the chocolate and in the other leave out the chocolate and banana. I ask if this will cost extra and he says no. I don't think he even realized this was same order that I asked for to begin with. Where do they find these people?

Five Easy Pieces:

[Bobby wants plain toast, which isn't on the menu]
Bobby: I'd like an omelet, plain, and a chicken salad sandwich on wheat toast, no mayonnaise, no butter, no lettuce. And a cup of coffee.
Waitress: A #2, chicken salad sand. Hold the butter, the lettuce, the mayonnaise, and a cup of coffee. Anything else?
Bobby: Yeah, now all you have to do is hold the chicken, bring me the toast, give me a check for the chicken salad sandwich, and you haven't broken any rules.
Waitress: You want me to hold the chicken, huh?
Bobby: I want you to hold it between your knees.

I once observed a similar encounter:

I was one of a group of people in a diner, and one guy wanted a fried egg. The waitress said she couldn't serve that because they were no longer serving breakfast (it was about noon). He noticed that a fried egg sandwich was one the lunch menu and asked for a fried egg sandwich, hold the bread. Waitress said she couldn't do that because a fried egg was breakfast and they were no longer serving breakfast.

Waitress to me at a truck stop somewhere in middle america "Heres your lunch honey. The fries were cold, so I gave you extra".

Noodle that one for a while...

Oh, no! We're in for a reprise of the "Subway Veggie Sandwich" thread!

mn54: Just know that some people in the restaurant biz don't take kindly to customer exploitation of dumb menu loopholes.

I still think Seinfeld is the funniest sitcom ever. It's so deadpan and existentialist at the same time.

Waitress to me at a truck stop somewhere in middle america "Heres your lunch honey. The fries were cold, so I gave you extra".

Noodle that one for a while...

"Here's your tip, sweetheart. I gave you extra, 'cause it's gravel from the parking lot."

One time when I was in a German rest. I ordered potato pancakes, they were horrible.

The waitress can around and asked me how everything was. I told her the potato pancakes were horrible and her answer was.

Now next time you know not to order them.

Oh yeah, once many years ago DW and I were driving past a bagle joint and saw a sign for hot bagles. I went in and ordered 2 bagles. When the guys handed them to me I told him they were cold and he looked at me with a surprised look on his face and said, they were hot when we cooked them. You had to be there!

A buddy and I were at a Subway and he ordered a sandwich and was about to pay when this exchange took place:

Buddy: Do you guys take Discover [and shows them the card]
Subway Employee: Yes we do. [Takes the card and swipes it and notices it doesn't work, swipes it again, doesn't work again] Ohh, I'm sorry, we only take Discover cards that say "Mastercard" or "Visa" on them.

Funny thing is not all of them are clueless....

I don't eat breakfast often, but was hungry this day I had a lot to do... so I run into a McDonalds to get a sausage and biscuit... the lady taking my order said "so you want that with hash browns?"... I said "no, just the sausage and biscuit... she said "order it with HASH BROWNS"... I looked at her funny and asked... Why would I want to order it with hash browns? Well, we are having a breakfast special and with the hash browns the sandwich is only $1 and free hash browns.... by itself the sandwich was $1.59 (IIRC)....

I thanked her....

One time when I was in a German rest. I ordered potato pancakes, they were horrible.

The waitress can around and asked me how everything was. I told her the potato pancakes were horrible and her answer was.

Now next time you know not to order them.

Must have been a Kolner. In Cologne (Koln), when you go to eat at one of the brauhausers (basically a brewpub), you get served by the Kobesse (Kobes). Why are they called Kobes? Because the stereotype is that they are all named Jakob. They are famous for being salty with the customers. We were having lunch at one of the brauhausers and asked if we could buy a few of their beautiful custom glasses. Kolsch (the local beer) is served in 2 centiliter tall, thin glasses that look like big shot glasses. The Kobe's answer was: "Well, we only break about 10,000 of them during Carnival (like Mardi Gras), so why don't you just take the ones you are using."

Just to make sure my wife's order comes out right at our favorite breakfast spot, I have to order "a spinach bacon panini, hold the spinach, bacon and cheese". Then, when I get to the pay spot "I have an egg panini". I've tried it the other way "I'd like an egg panini, grill the panini and put the spicy tomato spread on it", but that always leads to too much confusion.

Back
Top Bottom