Lost another momma....

bbbamI

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
Not long ago, I made a post on the ‘what did you do today’ thread about losing my momma. She died the last day in October.

While I was in MO taking care of my momma’s funeral arrangements, DH’s mom was in the hospital. Thankfully she seemed to be on the mend. Unfortunately, that did not last long.

She was put back in intensive care and we made another trip to Memphis, TN last Tuesday, the 15th. Just two and a half weeks after my momma died, my MIL passed away. Her funeral was this morning…she was 77 years old.

We just got back home a little while ago…driving through the pouring rain and fog. So….at the time of this writing I feel rather foggy.

We were so fortunate to have such wonderful mommas. But I can’t help but feel it’s not quite fair to lose them both in such a short period of time.

The road has been bumpy in bbbamI land this year. Seems to me the road should smooth out a bit…at least for a little while….right? :blink:

Hmmmm…on second thought, perhaps I shouldn’t ask this question. Just keep eating my Cheerios and take it as it comes..... As I always say, 'one day at a time'....

:)

Last edited:
I'm so sorry to read this. :'( You sure didn't need any more sadness in your life this year.

You're right - - the road that you and your DH are on has got to smooth out eventually. Soon 2011 will be behind you, and 2012 will be a new and hopefully better year.

Oh, bbbamI, I'm so sorry.

Hold tight to your wonderful DH and get through this rough stretch together.

My DH lost his Dad in 2000 and I remember thinking that I couldn't completely understand what he was going through until I lost a parent. Now I understand. He's been so supportive because he's been there.

So sad that you lost your momma and MIL so close together. Wow, you and DH have had a tough year.

{{{hugs}}}

I am sorry for your losses. The same thing happened to my sister earlier this year. Her MIL passed away 10 days before our mother died. It was hard to watch my sister having to deal with this double loss. Her MIL was 97 and our mother was 93.

I am very sorry bbbamI. Really a long run of bum luck. I sincerly hope that things brighten up right away for you and DH.

Ha

I am so sorry for all your misfortunes, your DH's cancer, now losing two moms in a year, bbbamI, you NEED A BREAK!!! All I gots to give ya is cyber hugs! :)

Sorry about your loss.

Hang in there, sister, and keep your boots shiny. One day at a time indeed.

*huggles*

So sorry for your loss. Sometimes life just isn't fair. My best to you and your DH.

So sorry to hear this. Bumps in the road are not spread out evenly, and sometimes it feels like they're going to go on forever. They won't, so don't lose faith in yourself.

Again Condolences. Remember the good times fondly and the times they enriched your life and you enriched theirs. Live each day for itself for we are not promised another. (My variant of one day at a time).

Sorry Bami. Those are two tough blows. I wish you and your husband the best.

bbbamI, I am so, so sorry. Seems like sometimes we just keep getting kicked when we are down, and wonder, just how much more can one person take? It's so hard to have to deal with so much at one time. Hold on. I have a feeling this bad ride is done, and 2012 is going to be much brighter for you and DH. <HUGS> !!! :flowers:

So sorry to hear of this happening.

In January '99 my mother passed away, six months later DW's mother passed too. That was a rough year.

Sorry to hear about this bbbamI. No matter how old one is, its always tough to lose a parent. Hopefully things will get better for you and DH.

bbbmi, I am very sad to hear of your losses. I did not see your post on your mother. I sincerely wish you a return to happiness. I hope the holidays bring better times to you.

My condolences. Hope you find comfort in their memories.

Back
Top Bottom