Men's Haircuts: Local Barber or Chain Clipper?

For decades did the worker bee cut, high and tight at barber.
Now that i have been an exhausted drone for almost 4 years, i do the salon, nice work done, listen to a bit of girl gab, way diff than barber.
When ileave am happy and whistling, imagine they are lol, makes it a fun experience for both of us.

Option # 2 front porch naked, but there is no one within a mile that can see me.

I'm going to try this option in my neighborhood. Won't need to cut the hair though, as several of my next hair cuts would be free (in jail).:cool:

During boot camp in the mid '60s our company had gone gone to the base barber shop for our weekly haircut. We had to wait for the new group of recruits who beat us there. When the first recruit (who had shoulder length hair) sat in the chair the barber asked how he wanted his hair cut. Our jaws dropped. We could not believe what we heard. The barber went on to tell the new recruit the policy had just been changed and they could have their hair cut to any style and length desired. The new recruit went into great detail on how he wanted his hair cut. The barber acknowledged the newbies request. The barber then takes about 4 swipes with the shears. The results would have rivaled a lady with a razor going after her legs. The rest of us laughed and gave a sigh of relief. We were worried that the military had gone soft.

Locally owned shop but they have 3 locations! $8 plus $2 tip and never a line on a week day.

Local redneck barber. He charges $12 and has a sign that reads 'including tip'. I take the sign at face value and only pay the listed price. :)

I go to the officially mixed, but in practice 80% women/18% kids/2% men salon where we used to take the kids. They have cool stuff like video game consoles for the kids to play on, making the whole experience fun, which is unusually adventurous marketing for France. I always get my hair cut by the owner, who is male. DW goes to another local salon and always has the same person, again male.

I've gone to Bud, sole proprietor, owner and janitor of Hairforce One for nearly 20 years.

When he finished last time he gave me a mirror and said "How'd I do?" I pointed at my growing bald spot and said "Ya know, Bud, when I started coming here in '94 that wasn't a problem. Neither was the gray. I think I want a refund." He chuckled, pointing at his own increasingly shiny head. "If I knew how to fix that, I'd try it on myself first!"

I paid up, and gave him a homebrew for later.

I'd never have stiffed Bud, anyways. He is a world class champion in the deadlift.

Never mind. It's been over nine years since my last haircut and I have no idea where I'd go if I wanted one.

Back porch...or front porch, if you want to entertain the neighbors.
Over the compost pile... it's great recycling material!

I've been going to old-time barber Fred, every 4-6 weeks, for 56 years (minus a year or 3 while I lived elsewhere). He is 82, owns the shop and has 2 others there (whether they are independent or employees, I don't know). Charges $14. I usually tip the others (partly because they are young, cute and female) but not the owner.

For most of my adult life I've gone to a local barber. A couple of years ago I bought some Wahl clippers and started cutting my own hair. It saves me some money but the main thing I like is the convenience - I can cut my own hair in less time than it would take me to drive to the barber and wait my turn for the barber. And the selection of magazines is much better at my house than at the barbers. :)

I've been going to the same local barbershop/salon for 10 years. Male owner and same two females have been working there the entire time. I have a standing appointment at 10 am on every third Wednesday. Anything beyond three weeks and I get too shaggy! I like having the same person cut my hair because I like the predictability. $20 with tip included

Great Clips for me. I like how they have my last haircut details on file so when I go there, I just say, the same a last time and then they snip, snip and buzz away. Much easier than saying "I want it cut short..." which leads to how one defines "short".

My hair is starting to get long for me back almost touching collar, sides starting to cover the ears. I'll wait a couple more weeks before the cut. I figure might as well enjoy the darker hair now as each time it seems more and more gray hair comes off as they buzz away.

Back
Top Bottom