Millionaire who lives out of a VW camper van

He won't be going broke anytime soon.

I'd be taken in by materialism and spring for at least a used class C RV. I want a shower in the morning.

He would make a great example. Hopefully he will stay the course while enjoying a successful career playing major league baseball.

Last edited:

I'd be taken in by materialism and spring for at least a used class C RV. I want a shower in the morning.

He has some mighty nice locker rooms available for showering.

21 - lol - Show me the story 5 years after he meets the woman.

The guy looks happy enough.

+1 for his parents.

Hope he has the basics of investing down though and manages his own money.

He has some mighty nice locker rooms available for showering.

I also initially thought that he was living outside the baseball field and made use of the locker room showers. Upon reading the article, I found that they were talking about his nomadic travel style when not in the game season. He might still live in his van when playing, but the article was not explicit about that.

Yep, I would have gone for a small RV with a toilet and shower.

4-1.jpg

I also initially thought that he was living outside the baseball field and made use of the locker room showers. Upon reading the article, I found that they were talking about his nomadic travel style when not in the game season. He might still live in his van when playing, but the article was not explicit about that.

Even the original article in 'grind tv' did not say what he does during the season

Meet the pro baseball player who lives in a van - GrindTV.com

edit: another article http://www.baseballamerica.com/majors/norris-makes-case-hes-just-man-van/

Last edited:
I wish they still made those camper vans. When VW Routan was sharing Chrysler minivan platform I was stoked that a camper version (like the old Westfalia) would follow.......but sadly none ever did.

The guy is good at playing baseball. Other than that he is just an ordinary 21 year old kid.

Sent from my BNTV600 using Early Retirement Forum mobile app

I think this guy is crazy.

Ha

I do too. This is how pro athletes live five years AFTER they retire and file bankruptcy! In his case, nothing will change.

:LOL:

Most campgrounds have showers and toilets so keeping clean isn't a problem. And stopping at a laundromat every so often isn't difficult.

I admire this guy. He seems to have a level head on his shoulders. And not all women want fancy stuff, especially at 21. My niece is 22 and on her weekends she goes hiking, weather permitting. My interests were similar at that age.

Sent from my iPhone using Early Retirement Forum

I would be a little concerned criminals no know where to find a millionaire sleeping in a van. Seems like a target now.

Sent from my iPhone using Early Retirement Forum

I would be a little concerned criminals no know where to find a millionaire sleeping in a van. Seems like a target now.
Yea, knowing he is somewhere in a VW van will allow crooks to zero in on him in a second.

Yea, knowing he is somewhere in a VW van will allow crooks to zero in on him in a second.
That, and I don't think he's actually carrying the money around with him.

So many stories of guys wasting their signing bonus. Some get really lucky, like Josh Hamilton. He went to hell and back, but only for the grace of his incredible gift -- which luckily didn't leave him in the depths of addiction.

This guy is smart. Maybe he'll make it in the MLB for a long run. But maybe not. If not, he has a backup plan... or at least the assets to start something new.

I think this guy is crazy.

Ha

Why? Lots of out of the way areas places to explore where a big RV just won't work. I've camped in my van a few times at bicycling events where there were no local hotels.
If he enjoys it, I say good for him.

Back
Top Bottom