Mom saw warning signs in son who planned shooting spree

Wags

Full time employment: Posting here.
CNN News - Mom saw warning signs in son who planned shooting spree

Mom saw warning signs in son who planned shooting spree - CNN.com

Excerpts from the article

It was just 2½ years ago when Elaine Sonnen found out that her 16-year-old son, Richard, had been planning a Columbine-style attack at his high school.

It would be a fitting payback to his high school classmates who Richard said relentlessly bullied him.

"I always wanted to get back at them," Sonnen said of his classmates. "I always wanted to strangle them. ...I was always mad. I was always angry and I would come home and cry to mom and dad."

Both Richard and Elaine Sonnen spoke to CNN at the 45-acre family farm.

Unlike Columbine and recent school shootings at Northern Illinois University and Virginia Tech, Elaine Sonnen did see the warning signs in her son and was able to stop him.

End of excerpts.

Great article in which a mother spotted the warning signs, got him some help and was able to stop a tradegy from occurring.

It appears that the son is still a risk to commit acts of violence.

GOD BLESS US ALL:angel:

Last edited:
It appears that the son is still a risk to commit acts of violence.

I think a simple education in the basics of LBYM and achieving FIRE should solve the problem....... ;)

Campus Rage was on CNN tonight.

Great program.

GOD BLESS US ALL:angel:

It's good to help the kids in the overseas orphanages by giving them families and homes but I guess we also need to think about the long term burden we are accepting by introducing some very damaged human beings into our society who will need lifetime care.

Back
Top Bottom