More Cougar Stuff

:LOL: Oooooh lawdy.... My eyeballs are crossed...I swear I saw a shape of a potato on one of those charts...:blink:

Very interesting, love OkTrends. The data matches up very closely with my basic understandings of how things work. I found the "oval of greatness" pointed out particularly interesting after looking at the exhibits.

The Case For An Older Woman « OkTrends

An incredible amount of research went into this. So don't be arguing.

Ooooh, charts. Me like charts! :) I find the allowable dating range chart quite disturbing. For the typical guy my age (late 30s), apparently the lowest allowable age range is 24. Hmm...I need to give that grad student I met last weekend another call and chase down that vet student I was dancing with last night.

Ooooh, charts. Me like charts! :) I find the allowable dating range chart quite disturbing. For the typical guy my age (late 30s), apparently the lowest allowable age range is 24. Hmm...I need to give that grad student I met last weekend another call and chase down that vet student I was dancing with last night.

Buns, your lowest allowable age is 18, not one day older or younger. Same as mine. But you may have more luck getting them down at the lower limit. :)

Ha

Christian sounds like a brilliant marketer. He starts a great buzz, particularly by seeding his "research" with photos of attractive women (not men or girls, but women). Who cares whether or not his conclusions are valid?!?

Ooooh, charts. Me like charts! :) I find the allowable dating range chart quite disturbing. For the typical guy my age (late 30s), apparently the lowest allowable age range is 24. Hmm...
Young Jedi, take solace in the fact that you're still on the charts.

At the graph's outer edge, at age 48, men are nearly twice as sought-after as women.
It appears to make more sense to go fishing where the fish are than to try to win the genetic lottery...

Personally I wonder how many of the men seeking younger women are fathers of daughters. I would suspect very few. No way would I want to spend any more time, let alone that kind of time, with another teenager on her way to becoming a 20-something. Or a 20-something who still thinks like a teenager...

Last edited:
Thanks for the link. Very interesting. Unfortunately for married folks:
Most importantly: nationwide, thirtysomethings are much more likely to be married and therefore much more likely to have stopped optimizing their attractiveness.
The mere fact that you marry your true love makes them stop optimizing their attractiveness. But you probably stop as well.

Personally I wonder how many of the men seeking younger women are fathers of daughters. I would suspect very few. No way would I want to spend any more time, let alone that kind of time, with another teenager on her way to becoming a 20-something. Or a 20-something who still thinks like a teenager...

Well as a 60ish guy, I suppose I could handle a 40's lady. She'd have to be pretty special before I'd introduce her to my 30 year old daughter. So? gimme the grannies. Oh, stop, I have a DW (whom I like a lot).

Spot on. Some of these old coots got rocks in their heads.

Good grief...I just looked at those charts and the oldest woman a man would be interested in is 52. I'll be 53 in November. :dead:

Good grief...I just looked at those charts and the oldest woman a man would be interested in is 52. I'll be 53 in November. :dead:

I'll consider anyone from 30 on up.

Thanks for the link. Very interesting. Unfortunately for married folks:

The mere fact that you marry your true love makes them stop optimizing their attractiveness. But you probably stop as well.

I guess this is one instance in which being above average in vanity is actually a plus.

Ben Franklin said it first

From a letter to a friend, advising him to take an older woman as his mistress:

If you get a prudent, healthy wife, your Industry in your Profession, with her good Economy, will be a Fortune sufficient.

But if you will not take this Counsel, and persist in thinking that Commerce with the Sex is inevitable, then I repeat my former Advice that in your Amours you should prefer old Women to young ones. This you call a Paradox, and demand my reasons. They are these:
1. Because they have more Knowledge of the world, and their Minds are better stored with Observations; their conversation is more improving, and more lastingly agreeable.
2. Because when Women cease to be handsome, they study to be good. To maintain their Influence over Man, they supply the Diminution of Beauty by an Augmentation of Utility. They learn to do a thousand Services, small and great, and are the most tender and useful of Friends when you are sick. Thus they continue amiable. And hence there is hardly such a thing to be found as an Old Woman who is not a good Woman.
3. Because there is no hazard of children, which irregularly produced may be attended with much inconvenience.
4. Because through more Experience they are more prudent and discreet in conducting an Intrigue to prevent Suspicion. The Commerce with them is therefore safer with regard to your reputation; and regard to theirs, if the Affair should happen to be known, considerate People might be inclined to excuse an old Woman, who would kindly take care of a young Man, form his manners by her good Councils, and prevent his ruining his Health and Fortune among mercenary Prostitutes.
5. Because in every Animal that walks upright, the Deficiency of the Fluids that fill the Muscles appears first in the highest Part. The Face first grows lank and Wrinkled; then the Neck; then the Breast and Arms; the lower parts continuing to the last as plump as ever; so that covering all above with a Basket, and regarding only what is below the Girdle, it is impossible of two Women to know an old one from a young one. And as in the Dark all Cats are grey, the Pleasure of Corporal Enjoyment with an old Woman is at least equal and frequently superior; every Knack being by Practice capable by improvement.
6. Because the sin is less. The Debauching of a Virgin may be her Ruin, and make her Life unhappy.
7. Because the Compunction is less. The having made a young Girl miserable may give you frequent bitter Reflections; none of which can attend making an old Woman happy. 8. 8th & lastly. They are so grateful!!!

I saw a cougar today, nice one too. I noticed her because she was smiling at me at the art museum. She was slim, cute, about 55, and stylishly dressed. She was with a guy who couldn't have been more than 30-32.

Nice couple.

Ha

You consider me the young apprentice
Caught between the Scylla and Charybdis,
Hypnotized by you if I should linger
Staring at the ring around your finger
I have only come here seeking knowledge,
Things they would not teach me of in college
I can see the destiny you sold
Turned into a shining band of gold

I'll be wrapped around your finger
I'll be wrapped around your finger

YouTube - The Police - Wrapped Around Your Finger

I finally saw the 60 minutes clip on cougars....

First off... I do NOT see the OLD people (they had one lady in her 70s) as 'cougars'.... but since I did not make up this term, I guess I will have to live with it...

The women on that show seemed to be just wanting a 'good time'... none seemed to be interested in any long term relationship... and the guys just seemed to be enjoying women who wanted sex... I mean, if you go to one of these parties, you kind of know that the women are there for one thing... so you go there for that also...

so maybe the reporting of the farther out group is putting a bad spin on the one who are actually looking for a relationship...

I'm not a Cougar, but I did own one in 1978......I sure did have long hair back in the day....:greetings10:

Attachments

• cougar.jpg
    cougar.jpg
    181.8 KB · Views: 10
Back
Top Bottom