Much to be thankful for.

I was never able to ride without a helmet and face shield. My eyes would water like crazy, and the wind was always trying to rip the glasses off my face.

Cattus, I, too am relieved to hear he is healing.
I believe that more people should know about personal Epirb devices (like what could have saved the lives of those NFL players last month).
Having worked in the sailing industry when the big 406 Epirbs came into popular use, I was thrilled when the feds determined that a smaller handheld unit was approved for terrestrial use.
I sincerely hope that you will consider getting one of these for any of those "off the beaten path" adventures. They work! We carried an ACR EPIRB on our sailboat and I consider them a necessity when venturing offshore--much better than a cell phone that doesn't tell SAR where you are, or a radio that no one else knows how to operate!

ACR TerraFix™ PLB
ACR TerraFix PLB from their website:
Accidents happen every day in the outdoors, whether you fall out of a tree stand, break a leg during a hike, or roll over on an ATV. In the outdoors, an everyday accident instantly can become a life threatening situation, and rescues may take days or weeks if you're not prepared.
Why wait days being stranded in the outdoors hoping someone will find you? Put the power in the palm of your hand with the TerraFix™ 406 GPS Personal Locator Beacon. Now you can turn that life threatening situation into a successful rescue story.
It's as easy as pushing a button, and with an internal GPS receiver (P/N 2798.4 only), the TerraFix™ will acquire your GPS position and transmit it along with your personalized identifier code through the SARSAT satellites instantly alerting SAR forces that you need help, immediately!

Attachments

• terraimageL.jpg
    terraimageL.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 2
I am so glad that he is ok.....maybe while he is recovering, you can sell the bike and buy a convertible.....same freedom, but you can join him too!

Disclaimer: I love motorcycles and absolutely love Harleys, but I would not get on a bike today at all.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom