My First White Christmas

Cruisinthru

Recycles dryer sheets
I just knew weeks ago that this was going to be a special Christmas for me. We have a new granddaughter who is so beautiful. Everyone is healthy and happy. We have all of our blended family together for the first time in many years. It has definitely been a time to count our blessings. But how could I know that I was going to get something I have wanted every year for at least 50 years.....

A white Christmas here in North Texas. We have about three inches on the ground. I know you people in MI and SD and other northern places are chuckling about how dumb this sounds. But this is my first White Christmas in Texas! It is a special year!

Hope everyone has a wonderful, Merry Christmas!

Cruisinthru, are you in the Panhandle area?
I remember the two whole times (out of 22 years mind you) we had snow in Houston--called a dusting up north by us Yankees--and even the grumpiest people had smiles you couldn't wipe off their faces.
So glad you get to experience this! You're probably out there trying to make a snowball now aren't you?

According the the Dallas Morning News this morning the snow of Christmas 2009 was the first measurable Christmas Eve snowfall in the Dallas area since the National Weather Service began keeping records in 1898.

I have lived in the North Texas area all my life. My Mother who was born in 1913 always said she had never seen a white Christmas. She never did. I am glad I got to experience one.

No Orchidflower I don't live in the Panhandle. If I lived up there I would have seen more of the white stuff in my life. They get much more snow every year. I live north of Dallas.

The largest snow that I can remember in my home area was just after the Kennedy assassination in 1963. We had 8 or 9 inches and I remember making a great snowman. Not enough for a snowman this time. I would have been tempted!

It was in the twenties this morning and the sun is out. What a perfect Christmas Day. I have a turkey in the oven, pies cooling as we speak, and we are awaiting my son's arrival for the opening of the gifts. This afternoon we are going to take in a movie.

My happiness rating is a 10. Merry Christmas!

I live North of Dallas too. Here's a pic of my house with snow for Christmas....:greetings10:

Attachments

• Xmas 2009 - 3.jpg
    Xmas 2009 - 3.jpg
    691.9 KB · Views: 11
A white Christmas here in North Texas. We have about three inches on the ground. But this is my first White Christmas in Texas! It is a special year!

Beautiful isn't it? I get tired of the snow here up North, but never on Christmas. My sister lives near Dallas, and she is beside herself with the joy of a white Christmas.

And a wonderful, Merry Christmas to you Cruisin...:angel:

So glad you are having a happy Christmas. We are in NE Ohio and last year (the first year I've lived here since I was a kid) we were up to our necks in snow from Thanksgiving on. This year we had about 2 inches of snow a few days ago; today the temp is 34 and its pouring icy rain. I really hate that! But, we have a 60 percent chance of snow for the next 6 days, so cross your fingers for us!

Enjoy your day and Happy New Year!

I live North of Dallas too. Here's a pic of my house with snow for Christmas....:greetings10:
Hey BBB you have a very pretty house!
Here where I live I don´t remember it ever having snowed, let alone a white Christmas.

A white Christmas here in North Texas. We have about three inches on the ground. I know you people in MI and SD and other northern places are chuckling about how dumb this sounds. But this is my first White Christmas in Texas! It is a special year!

No chuckles coming from lake effect snow country in upstate NY. Glad to see you can feel the magic. :D
Now...would you like me to send you some snow by the truckload? :cool:

Cruisinthru-Glad to hear that you are having such a great Christmas. Sounds like you are a blessed man. I don't really care for the snow, but it is nice to have a white Christmas.

Back
Top Bottom