Negotiation . . .

Rustward

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
I have discovered that a key negotiation skill is having the ability and willingness to wait faster than the other party.

I do my best negotiating when I don't really want whatever-it-is that I am negotiating to get.

I have discovered that a key negotiation skill is having the ability and willingness to wait faster than the other party.

I subscribe to the "Speak softly ...and carry a big stick" theory of settling disputes. (Along with "Trust but verify.")

what do you mean?

I probably shouldn't have said it that way. One waiting faster than the other is a computer'ism. At any point in time computers are in one of two basic states -- processing or waiting, and no matter how fast a computer may process, all computers wait at the same speed. I am a computer person so this makes sense to me and maybe to some other computer people, but maybe not to a diverse group.

I just meant that if you are the buyer, and you are patient and not in dire need of what the seller is selling, you usually have a good negotiating position.

Back
Top Bottom