Next Time You Replace A Computer - Laptop, Desktop, Tablet or ?

Next Time You Replace A Computer - Laptop, Desktop, Tablet or ?

• Laptop

Votes: 28 60.9%
  • Desktop

Votes: 14 30.4%
  • Tablet

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 1 2.2%
  • If It Breaks - Screw it - No More Computers!

Votes: 3 6.5%

• Total voters
I bought a IMac I now have it dual booting OSX and Windows.

Lazarus said:
I bought a IMac I now have it dual booting OSX and Windows.

Well, if you say so...

img_381455_0_7bdfbba71024bd799aaaaf74337b4ae9.gif

I just went desktop - Dell $650 total

Dimension E510
Pentium® D Processor 820 with Dual Core Technology (2.80GHz, 800FSB)
Memory 1GB Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM at 533MHz (2x512M)
Monitor 19 inch Ultrasharp™ 1907FP Digital Flat Pane
Vdeo Card 128MB PCI Express™ x16 (DVI/VGA/TV-out) ATI Radeon X300 SE
Hard Drive 80GB Serial ATA Hard Drive (7200RPM) w/DataBurst Cache™
Operating System Genuine Windows® XP Media Center 2005 Edition
Network Card Integrated Intel® PRO 10/100 Ethernet
CD or DVD Drive Single Drive: 16X CD/DVD burner (DVD+/-RW) w/double layer write capability
1 Yr Ltd Warranty, 1Yr At-Home Service, and 1Yr HW Warranty Support

Ordered Sun evening Delivered today - not to shabby
They just keep on getting cheaper.
I read that Walmart is going to start selling the pieces so you can sorta build your own computer.
Dude, you're getting a Walmart!

What's the point of a poll if you're not going to take our advice? :)

The E510 is a nice box. But get a bigger disk.

I received my Dell E1505 notebook. The price is $700 - a great price for a dual core, 512MB RAM, 60GB 7200rpm HD, 9 cell battery, DVD R/W, wireless. The only problem is that I do not get to use it. My wife and two daughters have been hogging it.

wab said:
What's the point of a poll if you're not going to take our advice? :)

The E510 is a nice box. But get a bigger disk.
In the words of the great Lewbowski - Well Yeah....I went into it like I was, but they put this 19 incher in front of me and I always want me one of those.....and already got a noteboook...

what!? - 80gig not enough for you huh?...what do you got on yours a 10,000 song library and your DVD collection...your talking to guy that started with a TRS-80 that used a cassette recorder for storage... :D 80 gig! Thank you jesus!

I have a choice between a vga or DVI connection - anyone know what is best?

DanTien said:
I have a choice between a vga or DVI connection - anyone know what is best?

For your 1907FP? DVI all the way.

Just make sure you check your Dell configurations out kiddies...recalling when they sold me a notebook with dedicated ATI graphics and delivered one with a crappy integrated graphics chip...then did nothing for me.

Vagabond,
Having just made the first trip in to vagabondville, even my Sony Vaio with a 15.4 in screen seemed like a boat anchor.

I'm look at the the very small VAIO with on a 12 inch screen and weigh about 4 lbs.

If I was doing graphics, or gaming it might be different. But just traveling, pictures, net surfing, hey leave the big toys for the more settled.

OAP

OldAgePensioner said:
Vagabond,
Having just made the first trip in to vagabondville, even my Sony Vaio with a 15.4 in screen seemed like a boat anchor.

I'm look at the the very small VAIO with on a 12 inch screen and weigh about 4 lbs.

If I was doing graphics, or gaming it might be different. But just traveling, pictures, net surfing, hey leave the big toys for the more settled.

OAP

I recently got a Thinkpad laptop, nice and small and lightweight. But the small screen has taken some getting used to. But then did't you always have that squinty eyed look? ;)

Martha,
Sumpin tells me you take a bit of time gettin used to anything small :LOL:

And yes that squinty eyed thing is my Achilles ligament (?) but when traveling this rather medium sized Sony seems heavy.

If I had a permanent place it would no doubt be a Dual-core Dell with a biggun 21 inch flat screen.

Wait the schoool girls are getting prepared to do jumping jacks. Back in about 20 minutes. :D

Back
Top Bottom