NFL: 2016 Season

Hoping the Giants will take out the Redskins so that my Lions will get at least one playoff game. Looking good so far.

looks like you got your wish. :)

I was at the Giants-Redskins game. For a "must-win" game, I was surprised at how relatively empty the stadium seemed - it was crowded but there were a lot of empty seats. I was also (pleasantly) surprised at the number of Giants fans in attendance - it seemed at least a third of the stadium. I don't know if it was picked up on the network broadcast, but many times there where loud chants of "LETS GO GIANTS!" rolling across the stadium.

After Cousins last interception, there was a huge rush of Redskins fans for the exits. A lot of them missed their team's last desperate play that ended up in a Giants touchdown, but for their health it was probably for the better. :)

looks like you got your wish. :)

I was at the Giants-Redskins game. For a "must-win" game, I was surprised at how relatively empty the stadium seemed - it was crowded but there were a lot of empty seats. I was also (pleasantly) surprised at the number of Giants fans in attendance - it seemed at least a third of the stadium. I don't know if it was picked up on the network broadcast, but many times there where loud chants of "LETS GO GIANTS!" rolling across the stadium.

After Cousins last interception, there was a huge rush of Redskins fans for the exits. A lot of them missed their team's last desperate play that ended up in a Giants touchdown, but for their health it was probably for the better. :)

I watched the Cowboys beat the Redskins there several (10?) years ago. Went with a work colleague who's a DC native & life long Skins fan; he took it like a man. :LOL:

Lot's of Cowboys fans in the stands during that game too.

Lions are in the playoffs. Just goes to show how few really good teams there are this year.

DW has no interest in football. 30+ years ago, when we'd go back to Michigan and go to a get together, I told her if football came up, she could just hang her head and say, "the Lions suck", and people would think she knew football and would fit right in.

That's been true almost every year since, and IMHO, applies this year as well, even tho just making the playoffs for Detroit is like winning the Super Bowl for other franchises.

Lions are in the playoffs. Just goes to show how few really good teams there are this year.

DW has no interest in football. 30+ years ago, when we'd go back to Michigan and go to a get together, I told her if football came up, she could just hang her head and say, "the Lions suck", and people would think she knew football and would fit right in.

That's been true almost every year since, and IMHO, applies this year as well, even tho just making the playoffs for Detroit is like winning the Super Bowl for other franchises.

Well my friend, I'm rooting for the Lions against the Seahawks...because, that gives the Giants two opportunities to lose before the Cowboys (might) have to play them.

Yep, the Giants make me a bit nervous. :hide:

I'm a life-long Packer fan and Rodgers fan but you can't argue with Ryan's stats and leadership. Neither Ryan or Rodgers have a lot of help like Brady and especially Prescott have. They are true MVPs.

As a Pats fan I don't care if Brady wins the MVP or not. All I want to see is him hoisting the Lombardi trophy for the 5th time and the look on Goodell's face when he presents the trophy to Kraft......

Last edited:
Well my friend, I'm rooting for the Lions against the Seahawks...because, that gives the Giants two opportunities to lose before the Cowboys (might) have to play them.

Yep, the Giants make me a bit nervous. :hide:

I don't think the Giants are a team to be afraid of this year. I think the Packers will play in the NFC Championship and lose to Dallas.

As a Pats fan I don't care if Brady wins the MVP or not. All I want to see is him hoisting the Lombardi trophy for the 5th time and the look on Goodell's face when he presents the trophy to Kraft......

Patriots are my least favorite team(along with Chicago) but I think they have a better chance of winning the Superbowl this year than any other year before. They don't have the best team they've ever had but the competition is weaker than in the past.

Better than the 18-0 team that was a 14 points favored against the Giants :mad:

They only won that game by 3 points. The NFC was tough that year. Packers and Cowboys would have given New England a tough match as well. This year, other than maybe the Cowboys, I don't see any competition at all for New England. Obviously since they were undefeated in the regular season in 2007 they were the odds on favorite to win but that doesn't mean it was easier than it will be this year IMO.

They only won that game by 3 points. The NFC was tough that year. Packers and Cowboys would have given New England a tough match as well. This year, other than maybe the Cowboys, I don't see any competition at all for New England. Obviously since they were undefeated in the regular season in 2007 they were the odds on favorite to win but that doesn't mean it was easier than it will be this year IMO.

That year everyone on the planet gave them the trophy before the game was even played because of their dominance. I don't think it's the case this year. In the AFC the Steelers have the offense and the QB that can beat them and in the NFC the Giants and Packers have the QBs with plenty of experience to beat them too and have beaten them before so it's not as slam dunk as it was supposed to have been in 2007.

That year everyone on the planet gave them the trophy before the game was even played because of their dominance. I don't think it's the case this year. In the AFC the Steelers have the offense and the QB that can beat them and in the NFC the Giants and Packers have the QBs with plenty of experience to beat them too and have beaten them before so it's not as slam dunk as it was supposed to have been in 2007.

NE beat the Steelers by 11 in Pittsburg so I don't see them as a threat. Eli and the Giants are mediocre. The Packers have a chance if their offense is at it's best. Their defense will give up a lot of points to NE so it would be a shoot out or a blowout in favor of NE. It may not be a slam dunk but NE's chances are quite good.

NE beat the Steelers by 11 in Pittsburg so I don't see them as a threat. Eli and the Giants are mediocre. The Packers have a chance if their offense is at it's best. Their defense will give up a lot of points to NE so it would be a shoot out or a blowout in favor of NE. It may not be a slam dunk but NE's chances are quite good.

I agree with you that their chances are quite good but not as good as in 2007. To put it in numbers the 2007 team had an insane 57.5% chance of winning and this year's team has a 35% chance.

BTW Rothlisberger did not play when the Pats beat them earlier this year.

My dream scenario for SB LI:

Cowboys v Patriots*
Dak & Zeke have great games but, Dallas' D can't stop Pats
Romo has to replace a (slightly & temporarily) injured Prescott
Romo leads winning drive @ end of a close game & is SB MVP

*Works for any AFC team but, more satisfying to beat NE

I agree with you that their chances are quite good but not as good as in 2007. To put it in numbers the 2007 team had an insane 57.5% chance of winning and this year's team has a 35% chance.

BTW Rothlisberger did not play when the Pats beat them earlier this year.

I don't dispute those %'s but i'm curious how you came up with them.

My dream scenario for SB LI:

Cowboys v Patriots*
Dak & Zeke have great games but, Dallas' D can't stop Pats
Romo has to replace a (slightly & temporarily) injured Prescott
Romo leads winning drive @ end of a close game & is SB MVP

*Works for any AFC team but, more satisfying to beat NE

Cowboys v Texans*
fify

That works too...with the same result.

I have to admit, the Texans have to be a big longshot to make it to the SB...

yep 90 to 1

I would love to see the Patriots win the Super Bowl and Bob Kraft delegate Brady to receive the Lombardi Trophy from Goodell.... that would be sweet!

Ok , don't shoot me I am just the messenger hearing on Houston radio Bill Obrien is out . It appears rick Smith and Bill Obrien do not get along so BOB will resign as soon as Houston is eliminated . ( per AM radio 790 )

I would love to see the Patriots win the Super Bowl and Bob Kraft delegate Brady to receive the Lombardi Trophy from Goodell.... that would be sweet!

A big "Thank you Roger" from Patriots Nation for the suspension of Brady:dance:

He thought by slapping him with a 4 game suspension he will hurt the Patriots and ruin their season. They instead went 3-1 without him and a motivated Brady plays phenomenally and goes 11-1 to finish 14-2 with a good chance to win the SB.

During the suspension the Patriots showcased a backup QB in Groppollo that may get them a first round draft pick to keep their dominance for years to come.

Thanks again Roger for the unintended consequences.

Last edited:

That would make my winter....:dance::dance:

Ok , don't shoot me I am just the messenger hearing on Houston radio Bill Obrien is out . It appears rick Smith and Bill Obrien do not get along so BOB will resign as soon as Houston is eliminated . ( per AM radio 790 )

Then Bill O'Brien will come back to the Patriots to be the Offensive Coordinator when Josh McDaniels becomes the Rams Head Coach.

With Landry Jones at QB. Come on, Man!

Back
Top Bottom