NFL: 2020 Season

Brady threw 3 INTs and over-threw his receivers a lot of times. They won despite Brady not because of him. He made some good plays but made more bad ones than good ones.
It’s a season, not one game. Brady definitely helped the Bucs this season. :facepalm:

They weren’t calling hand checks on either side. That last one was a LONG jersey grab, they can’t just ignore that. I’m not a Bucs or Packers fan BTW.
I agree .. I didn't at first but the replay showed how bad the grab was... so bad that the defender actually changed the hands that he was grabbing the jersey with.

I think the GB decision to kick a FG on 4th and goal was really odd... and certainly bad with 20/20 hindsight

It’s a season, not one game. Brady definitely helped the Bucs this season. :facepalm:

They certainly have to be the favorites now with a home game for the SB. Brady is inconsistant showing greatness at times and mediocrity at other times.

I agree .. I didn't at first but the replay showed how bad the grab was... so bad that the defender actually changed the hands that he was grabbing the jersey with.

I think the GB decision to kick a FG on 4th and goal was really odd... and certainly bad with 20/20 hindsight

One of those decisions that fans will say was bad either way. I think they should have gone for the TD but if they did and didn't convert then people would be saying THAT was a bad decision. Regardless, the players win or lose the game and the Packers had their chances and couldn't finish.

Brady threw 3 INTs and over-threw his receivers a lot of times. They won despite Brady not because of him. He made some good plays but made more bad ones than good ones.
Sour grapes aaron. One INT the defender was all over TB and instead of taking the sack he heaved it up as a jump ball and it was way short. One INT was off of Godwin's hands but was a good pass. One INT was a poor pass. But two of the TD passes were excellent.

You can believe me or not, but at the time I was really puzzled at the FG decision, and still am. Even if they miss the 2 pt conversion they would just need a FG to win, which would be more likely in the little time remaining in the best case to get the ball back.

You can believe me or not, but at the time I was really puzzled at the FG decision, and still am. Even if they miss the 2 pt conversion they would just need a FG to win, which would be more likely in the little time remaining in the best case to get the ball back.
Agree. Even with the FG, GB still had to have a stop and score a TD. They wouldn't have needed the 2-point convert but still. Taking a shot from the 8 still seemed like a higher percentage play even if they didn't get the 2-point convert after.

Also agree on the penalty call after seeing the replay. It was very blatant: the length of time he held on and then switching hands as well as the degree of separation and the pull. Official probably wished he didn't have to make the call.

I hope Mahomes and the Chiefs win the SB. It would be a good 'passing of the torch' moment for Brady to Mahomes. The past and the future of the NFL.

Packers: Twelve men on the field penalty. Twice. I wonder how many times this had happened twice in a game?

Yes, very perplexing for one of the premier teams in the NFL to have two twelve men on the field penalties in a single game, not to mention an up-or-out game.

By not choosing the go for a possible tie on 4th and goal, season on the line, I think Matt LaFleur wore out his welcome in Green Bay.

Did not make any sense. Sure, he was trying win on one last possession. But instead of putting the season on Rodgers hands, he put the season on Brady's.

Sure Brady looked like the GOAT 1st half and a rookie the 2nd half. But still.

Tough to have the game decided by refs as there was so much contact during the game with no calls. Yes, there was a tug, but looked like the receiver did a good sell of a flop.

I didn't understand it either. Even if they get the field goal they still need a touchdown to win the game. Might as well go for it right there. They just went 92 yards to get the ball to the 8 yard line. Then what? "Oh, we can't get these next 8 yards..."

They're on the freakin' 8 yard line. How do you know if you will get that close again in your next possession?

I predict within a couple of years no team will kick a field goal in that same situation. Also, generally speaking, the number of punts will decrease as more team will be going for it on four down if it is less than five yards and they are anywhere near midfield.

... Tough to have the game decided by refs as there was so much contact during the game with no calls. Yes, there was a tug, but looked like the receiver did a good sell of a flop.

I was thinking the same thing when I say it live... on replay it was obvious that the receiver was held the jersey... a lot... and IMO a penalty was justified, but the receiver embellished it a lot too. Good thing they don't have an embellishment penalty like they do in the NHL.

By not choosing the go for a possible tie on 4th and goal, season on the line, I think Matt LaFleur wore out his welcome in Green Bay.

Did not make any sense. Sure, he was trying win on one last possession. But instead of putting the season on Rodgers hands, he put the season on Brady's.

Sure Brady looked like the GOAT 1st half and a rookie the 2nd half. But still.

Tough to have the game decided by refs as there was so much contact during the game with no calls. Yes, there was a tug, but looked like the receiver did a good sell of a flop.

I don't think that there is any chance that call will cost him his job. He went 13-3 in his first two seasons as a head coach. He made one questionable decision that's all. If it worked out he would be getting praised.

I don't think that there is any chance that call will cost him his job. He went 13-3 in his first two seasons as a head coach. He made one questionable decision that's all. If it worked out he would be getting praised.

+1

There's another one that the competition committee needs to look at. Several personal fouls on one team and one on another team should not be offsetting fouls.

IMO Josh Allen and number 76 should have gotten penalties and 73 should have been ejected.

They're making too big of a deal of the Bills going for 2 after the last TD. You're going to have to make 2 2-pt conversions anyway. Aren't you better off knowing early if you aren't going to make it, so you can be more urgent earlier in the final minutes? If you miss it at the end of the game you have no chance whatsoever to make up for it.

There's another one that the competition committee needs to look at. Several personal fouls on one team and one on another team should not be offsetting fouls.

IMO Josh Allen and number 76 should have gotten penalties and 73 should have been ejected.
There also should have been roughing the passer. The whistle blew, then the 2nd Chief came in and took him down. But yes, there should have been an ejection.

Chiefs v Bucs. Obvious favorite.

Chiefs v Bucs. Obvious favorite.

With Brady's history i'm not sure there is an obvious favorite. Chiefs will be the favorite but I wouldn't bet on it and I doubt they will be a big favorite.

Last edited:
So the Super Bowl is set.

The last 2 QBs to win the SB going against each other.

The last team the Bucs lost to this season? The Chiefs.

Oh this is going to be good. Think I’ll be tired of the hype well before the game ever starts though.

Very interesting!

Very interesting!

In addition...

The last #5 seed to win the SB? The 2007-2008 Giants.

The last team they lost to in the regular season? The New England Patriots.

The team they beat in the Super Bowl? The New England Patriots.

The Rod Serling vibe is heavy on this matchup... :)

Back
Top Bottom