NFL: 2016 Season

Yes agree that GB is underdog, especially in Atlanta but somehow I think GB will find a way to win.

As much as I would like to see GB in the Superbowl, Atlanta is the better team. They have better defense and better running game than GB and as good of a passing game. There could be 70+ pts scored in that one. I'll be rooting for GB but they should be the underdog.

Well, it's not hard to have a better running game than a team that has a WR as their number one running back. And nobody as their number two RB. Neither team really has a defense. I'm expecting a 56 to 49 game, and am hoping that it's the Packers that score last. But Ryan has been pretty incredible this year. And with Jordy Nelson out along with the entire running population of Wisconsin, there's not much leeway for the Packers. Too bad they won't be playing at home. Winter is coming doesn't mean much in Atlanta.

Finally two competitive and entertaining playoff games.

Dallas deserves credit for coming back from an 18 point deficit to tie the game but their clock management was bad leaving too much time for Rodgers.

Pittsburgh/KC was down to the wire as well.

Well, I'm feeling a mixture of pride & disappointment this morning.

Pride in a young team who proved they have a lot of grit; coming back from 18 pts down to tie the game.

Disappointment that they lost on the last play of the game.

Of course, I now care an order of magnitude less about the Super Bowl but, I'll be rooting for the NFC the rest of the way.

I think Dallas should have run the ball more (Not sure of the final stat but at one point, Elliott was averaging over 5 yds a carry). Several times, the TV analysts were saying GB was having extra DBs in, thus, letting Dallas run. Plus, they should not have clocked the ball with one time out left. Gotta give credit where credit is due. They did have a big comeback that fell a bit short.

Rodgers does stuff that no other QB can do.

Anyone notice the irony? Last time they met in the playoffs was the Dez Bryant no catch . This time was the overruled to catch by GB near the end.

Last edited:
GB-Dallas was pretty amazing, the other games meh for various reasons ***. Other obvious standouts, but Crosby won't have to buy a drink for the rest of his life around GB. Making a clutch 56-yarder and following with a 51-yarder twice under that kind of pressure - wow. The mo had swung to Dallas, GB probably needed to avoid OT. Rodgers is really something else, he could beat anyone when he's on...

*** Seattle was never really in it, relatively easy win for Atlanta. The Pats were horrible, the Texans were just worse. The Steelers did a job on Kelce and Hill, but I wouldn't call a win with 6 field goals and no touchdowns a good game, I'd be a little embarrassed if I was a Steelers fan. YMWV

Last edited:
The Steelers did a job on Kelce and Hill, but I wouldn't call a win with 6 field goals and no touchdowns a good game, I'd be a little embarrassed if I was a Steelers fan. YMWV

Well, I don't know about being embarrassed, but I do think the only way the Steelers can beat the Pats is if they swap head coaches for next week's game.

The Steelers did a job on Kelce and Hill, but I wouldn't call a win with 6 field goals and no touchdowns a good game, I'd be a little embarrassed if I was a Steelers fan. YMWV

The Steelers won without scoring a touchdown. I'd be embarrassed if I were a KC fan. NE seems to have the least difficult route to the SB. Then again, "any given Sunday"...

Finally two competitive and entertaining playoff games.

Dallas deserves credit for coming back from an 18 point deficit to tie the game but their clock management was bad leaving too much time for Rodgers.

Pittsburgh/KC was down to the wire as well.

Speaking about time, Rogers got great pass protection and so much time to find somebody. That was not the case for Dak, but he held up well anyway. Cowboys still suffer from the same old deficiency, lack of pass rush, and until they fix that, there will be more let downs in our future.

Speaking about time, Rogers got great pass protection and so much time to find somebody. That was not the case for Dak, but he held up well anyway. Cowboys still suffer from the same old deficiency, lack of pass rush, and until they fix that, there will be more let downs in our future.
Nothing against Dallas, they had a hell of a year, I thought they'd be in the SB this year. I honestly hope they don't react the way Carolina (Cam Newton?) did after their unexpected loss last year, from first to worst (sorta). As long as the Cowboys leave Romo on the bench where he belongs, they have the stuff to go all the way next year.

Last edited:
Nothing against Dallas, they had a hell of a year, I thought they'd be in the SB this year. I honestly hope they don't react the way Carolina (Cam Newton?) did after their unexpected loss last year, from first to worst (sorta). As long as the Cowboys leave Romo on the bench where he belongs, they have the stuff to go all the way next year.

Not a chance that Romo is even a Cowboy next year.

Not a chance that Romo is even a Cowboy next year.
That would be progress, he's been a loser all along. Again, I have nothing against the Cowboys otherwise.

...he's been a loser all along...

Wow that's harsh! :) I always felt that Romo was a pretty gutsy competitor. I wish him the best and hope he lands on his feet - and hopefully for him somewhere with a better O-line.

That would be progress, he's been a loser all along. Again, I have nothing against the Cowboys otherwise.

Romo's career QB rating is 97.1. Brady's is 97.2.
Romo has a 5.7% TD percentage. Brady 5.5%
Romos INT % is 2.7%. Brady 1.8%
Romo's Yds/Att is 7.9 yds. Brady 7.5 yds
Romo completion % is 65.3%. Brady 63.8%

You cant blame everything on the QB.

PS...I hate the Cowboys

Wow that's harsh! :) I always felt that Romo was a pretty gutsy competitor. I wish him the best and hope he lands on his feet - and hopefully for him somewhere with a better O-line.

For the long term interests of the program they are doing the right thing, letting him go. Its the circle of life thing in NFL as that is how Romo got his foot in the door. Your comment of gutsy competitor really resonates with me concerning Romo...Remember that Washington game a couple years ago competing with that bad back and gutting out that win?
He has been victim of so many "Fake News" over the years and handled it with class. A few years back he was labeled a 4th quarter choker, yet I remember a story about that statistically completely refuting it.

PS...I hate the Cowboys

Those are pretty impressive numbers. Some would argue that it's the ones not listed that matter. But it is totally a team game. I don't hate the Cowboys and followed them closely back in the day. As a Lions fan in the 70s and 80s my team's season usually ended in mid-December. I was pulling for them against the Packers due to their long 20 year drought. It was a great game.

I'm not trying to say in any way that Romo is as good as Brady. I'm just saying he's a hell of a lot better than most people give him credit for but he has played for a team that has had a joke of a front office since Jimmy Johnson left 20+ years ago and that makes a huge difference in overall team results. He's far from a loser and this is coming from a die hard Steeler fan who was trapped living in Dallas for 35 years. The Cowboys are one of our long term arch enemies but I still respect the job that Romo did during his career.

The Cowboy Fan Perspective

I'm a life long Cowboys fan; born & raised (in the early years) in the great state of Texas.

IMO, most of the Romo Hate comes from the fact that he didn't do well in the post-season and never won a Super Bowl. Standards in Dallas are pretty high (as they should be :D). The same things said about Romo used to be said about Craig Morton and Danny White, both of whom were good QBs. If you look at Romo's record (as posted above) it's clear he's a very talented QB. He's ranked #4 all time. But, he's one of only two QBs in the all time Top 10 who haven't won a SB. The other is Philip Rivers, who doesn't seem to have as many detractors. But, oh yeah, he's from San Diego, where expectations are a bit lower. :facepalm:

PS:As I made clear in an earlier post, I am a Romo fan, FWTW.

Last edited:
I'm sure at least one team is in need of a quality QB.

PS...I hate the Cowboys
OK, I was a little harsh, and it is a team sport - but the QB numbers don't tell the whole story. Brady has 4 Super Bowls to Romo's zero. The Pats are famous for making something of no name players, so it's not like Brady is surrounded by superstars every year. And the Pats have had a lot of their 'stars' out on IR every season. Brady and the Pats find a way to win with the team they have. Romo, among the highest paid QBs, and the Cowboys find a way to lose with the team Dallas has, more big names than the Pats usually.

Romo is better than Cutler, another way overrated QB IMO. I know, too harsh...

The good news is we have four great teams remaining this year. Roethlisberger, Brady, Rodgers & Ryan - wowza. Smith, Wilson and Prescott were great too.

Last edited:
I'm a life long Cowboys fan; born & raised (in the early years) in the great state of Texas.

IMO, most of the Romo Hate comes from the fact that he didn't do well in the post-season and never won a Super Bowl. Standards in Dallas are pretty high (as they should be :D). The same things said about Romo used to be said about Craig Morton and Danny White, both of whom were good QBs. If you look at Romo's record (as posted above) it's clear he's a very talented QB. He's ranked #4 all time. But, he's one of only two QBs in the all time Top 10 who haven't won a SB. The other is Philip Rivers, who doesn't seem to have as many detractors. But, oh yeah, he's from San Diego, where expectations are a bit lower. :facepalm:

PS:As I made clear in an earlier post, I am a Romo fan, FWTW.

Dan Marino didn't make that all time Top 10 list? I would have a hard time believing history favors Rivers more than Marino. Morton and White have the unified problem of having Roger Staubach's name intertwined with them. Though if memory serves D. White caught it more than Morton did, as he was shipped off to the G-Men and then ultimately Denver.

OK, I was a little harsh, and it is a team sport - but the QB numbers don't tell the whole story. Brady has 4 Super Bowls to Romo's zero. The Pats are famous for making something of no name players, so it's not like Brady is surrounded by superstars every year. And the Pats have had a lot of their 'stars' out on IR every season. Brady and the Pats find a way to win with the team they have. Romo, among the highest paid QBs, and the Cowboys find a way to lose with the team Dallas has, more big names than the Pats usually.

Romo is better than Cutler, another way overrated QB IMO. I know, too harsh...

The good news is we have four great teams remaining this year. Roethlisberger, Brady, Rodgers & Ryan - wowza. Smith, Wilson and Prescott were great too.

Again, Brady is the best of all time. Im not taking anything away from him. But from a team perspective, Romo has had to deal with horrible game planning, terrible play calling, turnovers that had nothing to do with him, mediocre special teams, terrible salary cap management ect. Brady has had the best of all of that.

If Romo had spent his career on Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Denver, NE, New Orleans or a couple other teams, he would have at least one ring.

Comparing him to Cutler is a disgrace. Look up Cutlers stats. His career QB rating is 85.7. He had one year his entire career over 90. All he has/had is a strong arm but hes a terrible QB.

Last edited:

PS...I hate the Cowboys

How many playoff wins does Romo have? Playoff TDs? SB rings? Will Romo be a lock-in for the HOF?

While both Romo and Brady may both be in the National Football League, Romo is not in the same league as Brady.

Dan Marino didn't make that all time Top 10 list? I would have a hard time believing history favors Rivers more than Marino. Morton and White have the unified problem of having Roger Staubach's name intertwined with them. Though if memory serves D. White caught it more than Morton did, as he was shipped off to the G-Men and then ultimately Denver.

Yep, Rivers is #8 and Marino is #26. But, this is based on overall QB ranking and, as pointed out earlier, there's more than just QB rating when evaluating a player's greatness.

Personally, I like Marino and would take him over Rivers 10 times out of 10. But, since this sub-thread got started based on our opinions about QBs and how they're rated/ranked/recognized, one could argue whether Marino is overrated or not. He never won a SB, has a losing playoff record; yet, he's in the HOF.

NFL Career Passer Rating Leaders | Pro-Football-Reference.com

Back
Top Bottom