No cats left in the house

Red, keep asking around, and put up a nice poster with her picture and story in your vet's office. I've found some great homes by using a great picture and a sad story! Those who have ever done rescue know what I mean! I don't really recommend Craigslist, but you can try it if you are willing to check out the potential adopters (get a vet reference) pretty closely.

You are wonderful to take in this kitty--GOLD STAR! :)

The cat/dog thing is tough--I've got a foster dog right now that the cats hate! I don't know if it will ever get better. What she's got in that guest room is a lot better than what she had, so don't feel bad about locking her up for safety.

Good luck!

Dreamer - I went to the game last year and it was rough. At least I could change the channel this year when things started to get ugly. They're all good kids who work hard and we're proud of them but it sure would be nice to win the big one!

I surfed Petco during the game so I kept my spirits up looking for a new kitty!

That's a tough one. We have 4 kitties, and yes, they do tie us down - especially since they have different food needs (one will eat everything in sight, so it's hard to leave them home alone with a bowl full of food!) We've talked about downsizing - if we lose one, we won't replace it. But we don't want that to happen. Our problem is that our youngest turned 10 last summer, and the oldest is probably 13 or so (don't know exactly, she was an adult when we adopted her). So in the next 5 or so years, we'll be going through some agony, I'm sure.

I can't imagine being pet-less, even though it would be less work & money, and more flexibility to come & go.

And yes, being a foster would be a nice thing to do! But I'd probably end up keeping the foster critter(s). I get attached to any pet that comes into my life in about 3 minutes...

Also, yes, getting 2 at a time is a wonderful thing. I volunteered at an animal shelter for many years, and it was so sad to see littermates who had been together for many years facing separation.

I wish you the best in your decision!

CJ

Back
Top Bottom