Nords' book ...

Amazon's BookScan just popped a weekly update. Six copies!

That's three copies last week, and three copies the week before.

Sales are broken down by geographic areas, and BookScan claims that four purchases occurred in:
Colorado Springs-Pueblo,
Dayton,
Providence-New Bedford, and
Washington, DC.

Two more were sold "somewhere else", and there may have been as many as 25% more sold without being captured by BookScan.

Thanks, everyone!

Amazon's BookScan just popped a weekly update. Six copies!

That's three copies last week, and three copies the week before.

Sales are broken down by geographic areas, and BookScan claims that four purchases occurred in:
Colorado Springs-Pueblo,
Dayton,
Providence-New Bedford, and
Washington, DC.

Two more were sold "somewhere else", and there may have been as many as 25% more sold without being captured by BookScan.

Thanks, everyone!

Looks like around military bases.

Tomcat98

Amazon's BookScan now reports three books a week up through 19 June. The book formally went on sale at Amazon on 16 June so the sales numbers could start rising.

I still haven't heard back how Impact Publications tracks sales data. It might only be looked at monthly or even quarterly, but I'll pass on the numbers when I get them. For now they're just shoveling the pallets at the distributor and they won't get good numbers until the military exchanges report back.

For those of you who've ordered it, the pocket guide should be shipping any day now.

For those of you who've ordered it, the pocket guide should be shipping any day now.

Whew - glad I did not give my COC an arrival date - I get to present financial training to our command...and have ordered a bunch of these! Was starting to wonder about the shipment!

Go Nords go! I'm hoping you sell tons more. Good book with proceeds going to a good cause.

Whew - glad I did not give my COC an arrival date - I get to present financial training to our command...and have ordered a bunch of these! Was starting to wonder about the shipment!
I just got an e-mail update to "shipping today". Check your PMs for more details.

Only one book reported sold last week by Amazon-- somewhere in the area of Spokane.

From the e-mails & PMs I'm reading, more books are being ordered direct from Impact (which is not tracked by Amazon) than from Amazon or B&N. For now.

I'm starting to watch our local military exchanges. Please let me know if you spot hardcopy on your local exchange's bookshelves!

I'd recommend registering it with novelrank.com too. It'll derive the sold quantity from all the amazons. Also put it on goodreads.com and shelfari.

I'd also recommend everybody here hassle their local library to get a copy. Most libraries now have a simple online form you call fill out. Hundreds of thousands of books are published annually in the US alone. The chance of "getting out there" without help is slim.

Nords, if you want to write a blurb about your book for my site, I'll be happy to publish it. I got some 20/30something military ppl reading along on ERE.

I'd recommend registering it with novelrank.com too. It'll derive the sold quantity from all the amazons. Also put it on goodreads.com and shelfari.
Thanks. Amazon pointed me to Shelfari but I hadn't stumbled across Novelrank or Goodreads yet.

Nords, if you want to write a blurb about your book for my site, I'll be happy to publish it. I got some 20/30something military ppl reading along on ERE.
Thanks-- I'll get it to you!

Three more logged by Amazon this week, although that number keeps coming up a lot. One was from San Diego (one of America's largest military towns) and the other two were from unspecified locations.

I have requested that our local public library add it to their collection. That's one more book.
Thanks!

I was in our neighborhood library the other day when the head librarian came over to thank me for the donation, and to say that they'd ordered more copies to keep up with the request backlog.

The pocket guides are officially shipping. If you've ordered one (or more), they should be showing up in mailboxes this week.

Wow, congratulations Nords! This may go viral!

Four more last week (a new high) with one from the St. Louis area.

National Book Network created the Kindle edition without using Amazon's "Kindle Direct Publishing" service, so I don't have Kindle sales data. Yet. I'll have to figure that one out some other way.

Two more last week, including one in San Antonio.

WorldCat shows a new copy in the public library system of St. Charles, IL. Thanks!

Amazon.com added the "Look Inside the Book" signup to the options menu, but it gets a little picky on copyright & marketing rights. I'll have to work with the publisher on that one.

Thanks also to "Rowdy" for posting an Amazon review of the book!

Last edited:
Only one hardcopy sale reported by BookScan this week, from the Norfolk area.

Still haven't figured out how to track Kindle sales.

Kindle sales seem to be one of the triggers for Amazon's "Look Inside the Book" feature... probably because the book's indexed and ready for display.

Thanks to whoever donated a copy to the Mount St Vincent University Library in Halifax. I never considered writing an international military version of the book, but if you're familiar with the Canadian Forces then let me know what you'd change or add.

Heh-- I sent one of my free copies of the book to a local journalist. Good guy, and he did us a nice favor.

I didn't hear from him for over a month, but this morning he published a review in our newspaper, even mentioning E-R.org:
Postcard history tells Kauai tale - Hawaii News - Staradvertiser.com

Blog traffic doubled last week, and then it darn near doubled again. I can't wait to see who shows up next week...

Good review. Liked the closing statement.

If you're military or have a military relative, this is a handy and straightforward guide.

Two more sales last week, including one in... Detroit. Detroit?!?

Biggest week yet! Six copies sold, including one near Tampa-St. Petersburg. (I have relatives in the area, but it's also home to a major military command.) I haven't seen the book on the shelves of our local military exchange yet.

Thanks to whoever donated a copy to the Traverse Area District Library in Traverse City, MI.

Nine copies reported sold this week by Amazon's national network. Four of them were sold in New Orleans, former home of Navy Reserve HQ.

Thanks to whoever donated a copy to the Jacksonville public library!

Back
Top Bottom