Odo Raptor (1993 - 2008)

joesxm3

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
I am sad to report that my loyal cat Odo Raptor lost his battle with chronic renal failure and had to be put down today.

We had been doing sub-cutaneous fluids for over a year and they had been working pretty well, but his kidneys finally shut down and he stopped eating and dropped a startling amount of weight in a really short time.

He was a good cat. He will be missed.

I am sad to report that my loyal cat Odo Raptor lost his battle with chronic renal failure and had to be put down today.

We had been doing sub-cutaneous fluids for over a year and they had been working pretty well, but his kidneys finally shut down and he stopped eating and dropped a startling amount of weight in a really short time.

He was a good cat. He will be missed.

He will be missed, and sometimes you will think you see him in his familiar places.

I'm sorry for your loss. It is a hard thing to lose a good companion like Odo.

You gave him all the things he needed for a good, long life. He shared his carefree spirit with you. Losing a friend is never easy. Please accept my condolences.

We've been there, and know of those hard decisions at the end with renal failure. You did well to keep him comfortable with the fluids for so long. That is testament to your good care of Odo.

My five current kitties share in my condolences to you on his passing.

Thanks for the support.

This is the first night in nearly twenty years without a cat in the house.

It is already feeling weird when I remember that I do not immediately have to close the door behind me to keep him out of behind the washer or running down into the cellar - or fight with him over control of the keyboard when I post on this forum :)

I am sorry to hear of your loss. Losing a pet can be so hard. They become such a big part of our lives.

I'm sorry. I know it's tough. I have two cats now...one is 12 and the other is 17. I cherish the time I have with them.

Sorry for your loss. We just lost a dog at 16 and have one another that just turned 18. How did they they get to be so old so soon? Losing a beloved pet is tough. All the best to you.

Very sorry for your loss. I have experienced the loss of a cat through Renal Failure also, and had limited success with being able to do the fluids.

This is the first night in nearly twenty years without a cat in the house.

It is already feeling weird when I remember that I do not immediately have to close the door behind me to keep him out of behind the washer or running down into the cellar - or fight with him over control of the keyboard when I post on this forum :)

It must have been wonderful that you had each other. I am so sorry, for me that empty house feeling is the worst part.

SO and I shared a red tabby for 16 years and still talk about the funny times. I freaked out today because when I IDed myself on-line a secret question came up, "what was the name of your one-eyed kitty?" He's been gone since year 2000 and the question threw me off for a moment. After a few minutes I recovered, of course, I really do want to remember.

Back
Top Bottom