Old bunny rabbits.

Nords,

Sorry to hear about Peter Bunny. Our pets are so much a part of our life and they know they are loved during their time with us.

Time will lessen the pain but they will always have a place in our heart.

2soon

Bless your heart, Nords. So sorry to hear of sweet Peter's end. The loss of a pet is so difficult to express to those who do not understand the strength of our bonds with them. As one who has been there all too often, I hope you find comfort in his long and happy life with your family and the peaceful end you provided for him.
Love to you and yours,
Sarah

yeah. steely eyed killer of the deep. interesting how emotion can zap one from different spots when one doesn't absolutely have to be a rock. sorry man. #*! pets.

How lucky for both of you to be together at the end really. I'm sure Peter went in peace. God bless.

Our whole family knew his body was failing and we've all taken the time to say our goodbyes. This shouldn't have surprised us "grownups" but I've never been around a pet's death before and it hit me a lot harder than I expected....

I am sorry for your loss Nords. Often we get closer to our pets than to most people.

When I got the call from DW to put down our 16 yr old dog, I was not surprised because he was sick for a long time. I told w*rk that I would do the deed and return. They said "take the whole day off". Good thing because I was Crushed afterward.

Free to canoe

My big, tough realtor called about something and started talking about having to put his cat down the night before (some sudden illness). He was still freaked out cause I could hear the tightness in his throat when he spoke about it. This is when you get to see even tough guys crumble.

I am so sorry to hear about Peter the bunny. I've enjoyed reading about him; I have always had cats and didn't really know much about pet rabbits. I've learned from your stories about what friendly and social companions they can be.

Nords, sorry to read the post we've all been dreading to see. :(

My condolences to you and your family on your loss.

WS

I am so sorry to hear this Nords. I, like several others, enjoyed reading your bunny stories. Peter was indeed a very lucky bunny, to have such a loving family. I will be glad when your wife comes home and can give you a big, big hug. Take comfort in the fact that you were there with Peter to give him love and that you know he went quickly and did not suffer.

Nord, you and Peter were at home alone when this happened! Wife and daughter away? That makes it even tougher. I know you are feeling the loss without any hugs.

Let us send you a virtual hug...

Nord, you and Peter were at home alone when this happened! Wife and daughter away? That makes it even tougher. I know you are feeling the loss without any hugs.
Let us send you a virtual hug...
Thanks, everyone, and for all the PMs & e-mails too.

In the days after Peter died I was on the phone with spouse & daughter each for almost two hours. I guess the good news is that they didn't have to deal with the details, but that's not an experience I care to repeat either. I'm very grateful that I was able to ease our bunny's final hours, but it carries a price.

Our veterinarian was wonderful... she actually works with grief-support groups. When our daughter comes home for a semester break (one more month!) we're going to give the vet all of Peter's equipment for their rescue bunnies. We'll also probably plant a couple banana trees around his grave.

Every day does get a little bit better. But it's been a long time since we've known this house without a bunny, and it's going to take a long time to get used to it again.

When our daughter comes home for a semester break (one more month!) we're going to give the vet all of Peter's equipment for their rescue bunnies. We'll also probably plant a couple banana trees around his grave.

This is a lovely thought Nords. You've explained how your daughter was particularly close to Peter. Waiting for your daughter's return to donate the equipment to rescue and plant some trees in his memory are very positive ways for your daughter, wife and you to deal with the loss.

So sorry to hear about your loss Nords. Peter had a good life and you did all you could for him near the end.

Thanks, everyone, and for all the PMs & e-mails too.

In the days after Peter died I was on the phone with spouse & daughter each for almost two hours. I guess the good news is that they didn't have to deal with the details, but that's not an experience I care to repeat either. I'm very grateful that I was able to ease our bunny's final hours, but it carries a price.

Our veterinarian was wonderful... she actually works with grief-support groups. When our daughter comes home for a semester break (one more month!) we're going to give the vet all of Peter's equipment for their rescue bunnies. We'll also probably plant a couple banana trees around his grave.

Every day does get a little bit better. But it's been a long time since we've known this house without a bunny, and it's going to take a long time to get used to it again.

I managed not to tear up reading any of the posts in this thread until this one. My heart goes out to the House of Nords.

Late to this party, but sorry to hear about your bunny, Nords. I can't count the number of friends and acquaintances who have one or more urns of the remains of beloved family pets on the shelf or mantle.

Sorry for your loss, Nords. Reading your bunny posts made me tear up and remember my beloved kitty who passed last month. Amazing how big a part of our lives pets can become.

I am extremely sad for your loss. Peter Bunny was a wonderful rabbit. You, Mrs. Nords, and your daughter were wonderful companions to Peter. It is hard. Very hard to lose a family pet. Be patient with yourself. You will actually continue to miss him for a very long time. When the grief catches you by surprise, just remember his playful and affectionate whiskers on your barefeet and all the other lovely times that you two had spent with one another. Peace to you!

Back
Top Bottom