Other Forums?

devo

Recycles dryer sheets
I learn a ton here and I love to read all your thoughts, though I don't post enough myself. What I sometimes find is that my interest centers on financial topics for a time (sometimes minutes, sometimes months), but then I move on to other things. I'd guess that most of the mods don't have a whole lot of time for other forums (thanks for your hard work :-*), but for me FIRE is just one of the things I enjoy discussing in forums.

Of course we all have interests other than personal finance, so I thought it'd be interesting to hear what other forums you all follow. Although I don't often associate a visual image with many of you (I was fond of Brewer's Bob Marley), it'd be fun to know what other interests you have and follow in an online forum.

I enjoy the guitar and do my best to impress with my equipment (since my skills won't suffice). So, I'll start with a couple of my favs.

The Unofficial Martin Guitar Forum
http://umgf.com/

The Telecaster Discussion Page Reissue
http://www.tdpri.com/

Enjoy!
devo
O0

well, technology and music are a couple other interests. Energy, pollution topics interest me. And I started back up in my old hobby of home-brewing beer.

This item, posted to another forum got a lot of discussion going:

Brad Delp, 55, Lead Singer for Boston, Dies

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/03/10/arts/music/10cnd-delp.html

Boston was quite a blend of music and tech. Tom Scholz was an MIT engineering grad that worked on some high tech (at the time) cameras at Polaroid.

I just came across a ton of old music posted to youtube - incredible collection. It inspired me to get my turntable turning and play some classic stuff from the 60s - 70's - Mahivishnu Orchestra, Jeff Beck, Zappa, Shakti....

A nice break from doing taxes :(

-KCMW

Another infrequent poster here. I like to weld just for fun, so I visit

www.weldingweb.com

I also own a laundromat so I used to visit www.coinwash.com, but they got to the point that if you said anything negative it was censored, and they were constantly begging for money for their 'premium' forum where you could get service questions answered. Used to be a nice site but completely turned me off.

- John

If we find out that you've "been with" other forums, we'll sell all your stuff on ebay and send pictures of you posting on this forum to your "other" forums members. Maybe even to your parents!

There are other forums?? Really?? Naw, your just saying that, right? :eek:

This is the only forum I visit. Really! With my hobbies, traveling, and other activities, I don't really have time to check out other forums.

So there really are other forums out there, huh? Well, maybe someday if I can find the time I might have to see for myself.....but I don't see that happening any time soon. ;)

hey hey hey - I'm finally old enough to post on other forums.

heh heh heh - yoopee!

I've been lurking for a while and finding my way around this great forum. Now that we're retired we like to travel in our little Rv and go to music festivals and music camps. Other forums are Fiddlefork and Mandolin Cafe - would love to play guitar, but there's only so much time and the fiddle and mandolin seem to take it all up. Also like to visit craigslist once in a while.

somethingawful.com

It's a comedy site of sorts. Focuses on the younger crowd. Membership there is $10 or something. I used to read the forums, but not post. Some EXTREMELY funny stuff. May strike many folks here as immature though.

I am on numerous email lists for fireworks, machineguns, and the childfree.

I hang around on TiVo, EVDO, machinegun, Ford diesel truck, and laptop forums. I spend a LOT of time on the "Internets."

Mike D.

What else for the childfree? I've seen the Canadian one...are there others?

...celebrating the *ahem* operation DH had last week.....

SaturnFans, Traineo, Airstream, and border collie rescue are my other forums.

Sarah

mclesters said:
What else for the childfree? I've seen the Canadian one...are there others?

...celebrating the *ahem* operation DH had last week.....

Not forums, but I know of some lovely childfree blogs--most notably Purple Women and Unscripted. There's also a blog/site run by the author of "Baby not on Board", IIRC.

Congrats on DH's surgery--we're still having some polite dickering back and forth over who's gonna get snipped ("I can't put you through that"..."oh, but I don't want you to have to...")--I have a feeling we're either going to flip a coin or I'll go through menopause before the issue gets resolved. :)

Other forums I follow are Simple Living (linked above) and www.goodeatsfanpage.com--All Hail Alton Brown!!!

Well, I was having a problem with my scanner last year. So I searched for forums relating to scanner, scanning, and scan. Guess what I stumbled onto? ScanLover.com !!!

OKLibrarian: I pitched it as his procedure was cheaper than mine! Gotta love that LBYM logic! :D He's doing fine, BTW!

Sarah

How about some websites for those WITH kids:confused:?

Wait, I've got it:

helpIhave kids.com

willtheyevermoveout?.com

wheresallmymoneygoing?.com

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Back
Top Bottom