Pervert

Cool Dood

Full time employment: Posting here.
Friggin' cat decapitates everything she catches. It's kind of disturbing to find headless animals lying around the house...

We had a Merlin "couple" in our neighborhood for a few years. They would kill the pigeons and eat only their brains. The headless pigeons were a bit disturbing, but also somewhat satisfying. :-X

the neighbor's cats have been getting into my gardens. so far dead baby racoon, dead possum, all but two squirrels dead, i lost count of the dead birds. one day one of the cats was on my front porch surrounded by feathers and dead bird carcass. the other week i found a decapitated squirrel.

there is no reason in the world why i should ever have had to look at a decapitated squirrel. we have a leash law for cats. our town is a designated bird sanctuary and i've set up my garden to attract them. for 10 years the same families of cardinals, baltimore orioles and bluejays come back here.

mostly the cats only catch the morning doves but i'm done with it. they get in my car when the top is down and get ontop the soft top when the top is up. they did about $300 worth of damage to my last sedan and the neighbor refused to pay. before they do $2000 damage to the t-bird i've decided to take action. i've tried to talk to my neighbors to get control of this and to save their cats. only one neighbor has complied but his lover thinks i'm being stupid and so mary is no longer talking to me. the other neighbors refuse to comply.

so instead of handling this as a considerate person, now i simply am setting up live traps with tasty tuna in them. instead of their cats destroying the animals in my gardens i will be taking drives into the everglades and feeding the alligators. here kitty kitty kitty.

Good for you lazygood4nothinbum.

I don't dislke cats mself, but if the people who are supposed to be responsible for the cats won't control them then you need to stop the destruction yourself.

lazygood4nothinbum said:
so instead of handling this as a considerate person, now i simply am setting up live traps with tasty tuna in them. instead of their cats destroying the animals in my gardens i will be taking drives into the everglades and feeding the alligators. here kitty kitty kitty.

I can understand your aggravation, but how about dropping them off at the animal shelter? Maybe they'll get lucky enough to find a responsible new owner  ....   take your neighbor on a nice ride to the Everglades instead ;)

Non sequitur said:
Good for you lazygood4nothinbum.

I don't dislke cats mself, but if the people who are supposed to be responsible for the cats won't control them then you need to stop the destruction yourself.

and i was so sure that post was gonna get me lynched. sorry for the rant, just happened the situation recently came to a, um, head just as cooldood posted the, um, decapitation thing.

VoyT said:
how about dropping them off at the animal shelter? Maybe they'll get lucky enough to find a responsible new owner .... take your neighbor on a nice ride to the Everglades instead ;)

i'll bring them (the cats) to a shelter a few counties away. i'm just gonna tell my neighbors about the alligators, pythons, cougers & lynx (er, bobcats) so they think twice before letting loose their so-called top of the food chain.

LG4NB,

Harbor Freight has the live traps you need: 20 bucks (tuna not inluded). They've got stores all over FL.

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/displayitem.taf?Itemnumber=9646

Disclaimer: The author of this post does not condone or encourage the entrapment and spiriting away of family pets, regardless of the iresponsibility of the owners of said pets nor the damage to wildlife caused by these animals. Why can't we all get along? War, good God ya'll, what is it good for? Absolutely nothin!"

Drop the neighbors in the Everglades, with their cats...

Cute Fuzzy Bunny said:
Trapping and "relocating" peoples pets may be considered theft of personal property in some states.

I wouldn't worry too much about that if you trap them on your property and bring them to the animal shelter. Our neighbor used to do that regularly.

I'll take it from the lawyer. But I figured that luring an animal with food into a trap and then taking it elsewhere might be a bit problematic.

We had a cat who brought lots of animals into the house (over 40 mice, rats, birds, and lizards). Once he brought a large healthy rat in.

I chased them both into the bathroom, shut the door, and let them work it out. It sounded like a cartoon in there for a while, and then silence. I gave it another 40 minutes, then opened the door. The cat walked out calmly, and I looked around and there was no rat. No blood or other body parts.

I figured the cat either ate it whole, or it went down the drain of the bathtub. I never solved that mystery.

About six months ago, I had a large rat, thankfully quite dead, dropped onto my lap while I was sound asleep in bed.

"hmmm...warm.......fuzzy....wet...thing...in...my lap THATSAFRICKINRATYAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!"

Zero to wide awake in 1.8 seconds.

Cute Fuzzy Bunny said:
I'll take it from the lawyer. But I figured that luring an animal with food into a trap and then taking it elsewhere might be a bit problematic.

You missed your calling as a prosecutor. :LOL:

But I really can't imagine a theft claim if the animal was on your property. Less risky than glomming onto someone's unprotected wifi signal. :)

TromboneAl said:
I figured the cat either ate it whole, or it went down the drain of the bathtub. I never solved that mystery.

It ran up the walls and was hiding above your head. It later escaped. :)

Martha said:
You missed your calling as a prosecutor. :LOL:

But I really can't imagine a theft claim if the animal was on your property. Less risky than glomming onto someone's unprotected wifi signal. :)
Lure one of my pets onto your property with a tuna filled trap and do something with it and i'll teach you a very new meaning to the term "risk". :)

My wifes said a million times that i'd make a great lawyer. I always tell her "except for all that learning and tests and stuff you have to do before you get to argue!" :LOL:

So what you're saying is that if my kid leaves his bike on the edge of your lawn, you can take it to the dump and theres no problem?

It ran up the walls and was hiding above your head. It later escaped.

Could be. I have great respect for rats. Another time our cat brought one in (through the cat door) and lost interest. It outsmarted me for two weeks before I finally got it.

For example, to get water it chewed into the hoses inside the washing machine. And it chewed from the top, so that all the water didn't pour out at once (intentional?).

At one point we had it cornered behind some furniture. It would climb up the drapes to check what the cat and I were doing, then scoot back down.

Finally got it with a glue trap that was nailed to the floor.

Cute Fuzzy Bunny said:
So what you're saying is that if my kid leaves his bike on the edge of your lawn, you can take it to the dump and theres no problem?

Nah. I am much more practical than that. People care about kids and their bikes. They don't care so much about cats roaming around in violation of leash laws killing animals on their property.

And you can always go pick up your missing cat from the shelter.

Now if there was a missing bike shelter. . .

No problem with cats here in Bellingham. The coyotes and the owls get them. The deer in the back yard (and front yard, and the street) are real pests, though.

When we lived in Kirkland, up on Finn Hill in the woods, some neighbors thought that vivisectinists were kidnapping cats and dogs and selling them to the University for test animals. I had to laugh. My neighbor and I saw so many coyotes and a fox or two on our early morning walks. We had an owl in our back yard for a long time, too. Cleaned the neighborhood out of cats.

By the way, there are no rats in Alberta. No kidding! No termites that I can see, either. The foundations of some of the homes in Fort McMurray are made of untreated wood! Try that in the lower 48!

No termites here either (northern Minnesota). At all. A couple of years ago when we sold our cabin in northern Wisconsin the buyer wanted a termite inspection. The inspector said that there was no termites in this part of the country. But they paid to have him inspect anyway. :crazy:

Back
Top Bottom