Pics of cars that make you go boing!

Here's some pictures from last year when I replaced the cam. Since this car has all the smog crap along with P/S, A/C, it was no easy task. 73 was the last year for the SS Chevelle and there were only 600 made with a 4 speed. I'm sure not many of them had A/C, I don't think you'll ever see another one. Since this one is unrestored that makes it even more unusual.

Attachments

• DSC01266.jpg
    DSC01266.jpg
    673.5 KB · Views: 2
  • DSC01268.jpg
    DSC01268.jpg
    713.4 KB · Views: 2
  • DSC01220.jpg
    DSC01220.jpg
    747.7 KB · Views: 1
Thanks, 73 (pant pant pant pant). ;) You know, just looking at the whole package under that hood, compared to the plastic looking tinker toy junk of my Saturns...totally different.

Guys, I have to tell you though, I thought of this thread today when I passed a young blond girl in a ponytail in a turquoise Ford 100 in pretty good but not mint condition. Windows rolled down, arm on the window and a surfboard sticking out the back of the bed. I'm betting a few of you would have followed her all the way to Georgia! I just wish I'd had my camera--what a great old truck!

My grandad, who ran a dealership service department for maybe 30 or 40 years had one of those old Fords, but his had the running board and bulging fenders. I loved that truck! My old 1985 Chevy truck just isn't the same.

Yup, senior moment. I remember it was some sort of small block Ford. Anyway, I think they're real cool.

Back
Top Bottom