Pics of nyc skyline from liberty park

mathjak107

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
cool park in nj overlooking nyc
594739189_Sagqo-X2.jpg

594734227_KbN6N-X2.jpg

594736122_aRx3z-X2.jpg

594746431_enbzK-X2.jpg

594744461_EFrvR-X2.jpg

594747440_aCYL5-X2.jpg

594743546_fFEhb-X2.jpg

594737625_y6yL3-X2.jpg

594741784_4sLhM-X2.jpg

Great photography,thanks for sharing,what camera and settings did you use?

some are nikon d300 with 17-55mm and nikon 80-200mm 2.8, some d80 with 18-200mm, my wife and i shoot together... both use nikon polarizing filters

settings are very flat using nikon pictural control neutral.. we shoot raw ,, we first convert the raw into 16 bit tiffs using nikon capture nx software . pics are then edited in photomatix hdr software but we dont use multiple exposures and create an hdr, rather we use 1 picture and just use an hdr effect. saved as jpeg ... pictures are then sharpened and resized for posting in nikon capture nx.... we turn off all in camera sharpening when we shoot so we can control it better on our own.

Yep, one can tell there is a lot of post-processing especially sharpening going on.

Great pics! Thanks for sharing. It's not every day that the atmosphere is clear and the sky & clouds cooperate ... especially with the sun straight up in the sky.

If you look at the last picture.... to the very right there is a tan building... about the second or third from the right... that is where I was on 9/11... watching it out my window...

I never went to that park, but there is a walkway for a long way along the river over there... it is a nice place to walk...

If you look at the last picture.... to the very right there is a tan building... about the second or third from the right... that is where I was on 9/11... watching it out my window...

How horrifying that must have been! It was bad enough watching it on TV here in New Orleans. Glad you got out safely.

Yep, one can tell there is a lot of post-processing especially sharpening going on.

Great pics! Thanks for sharing. It's not every day that the atmosphere is clear and the sky & clouds cooperate ... especially with the sun straight up in the sky.

actually very little sharpening.. they appear very sharp because of what we do with light inversions....what gives the pics a unique look is we take normally darker objects and lighten them, we take normally darker objects and lighten them causing a surreal effect.... it has the benefit of the contrast looking like sharpening

sometimes the ground will be brighter than the sky and that looks almost cartoon like

Back
Top Bottom