• 15-20 years

Votes: 6 5.3%
  • 20-25 years

Votes: 3 2.6%
  • 25-30 years

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • > 30 years

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • I forget... what was the question again?

Votes: 1 0.9%

• Total voters

6miths

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
There was another thread started a couple of weeks ago about 10+ year retirees and now one on what age people retired. Thought I would put up the related pool. 'How long have you been retired?'

19 months for me. Hoping for many more.

I’ve been retired for over 7 years. We’ve been retired for 2 weeks. That might skew poll answers vs couples who retire at or near the same time?

Last edited:
Two weeks ago we met a fellow traveller in Thailand at a small, less visited resort area .

He retired at 49 and had been retired for 30 years. He had been a senior officer in the Manchester UK police service. He and is wife have lived in the same house all of their married life. They have been travelling extensively for thirty years with no plans to slow down.

I’ve been retired for over 7 years. We’ve been retired for 2 weeks. That might skew poll answers vs couples who retire at or near the same time?

How has that been? I've been retired for 3 years, and DW is still quite happy working away. I'm a bit concerned that the longer she works, the tougher the transition will be when she does finally decide to retire. I'm kind of getting used to my alone time and running the house the way I see fit. ;)

1784 days, or a smidgen under 4 years

but who's counting?:cool:
I find it interesting in a good way how many members quote their retirement in a more granular way than years (myself being one of them).
It shows to me the happiness over the event.

How long have you been retired?

^ I agree - I like measuring retirement in days, because the happiness of the event starts each day when I wake up knowing that I don’t have to go to work.

A couple more months and I'll be at 5 years.

In July it'll be 17 years. Well, I did "fall off the wagon" and had another job for about five years, but working was optional so in my mind that doesn't count. And when things went south there I quit.

Retired early July, 2010 - 8 1/2 years approx. No regrets at all. I love not working.

Back
Top Bottom