Pray for my little one...

Recycles dryer sheets
My baby was diagnosed with cancer yesterday. It's breaking my heart, but the surgery is Tuesday and vet says the lump is small since I screen her often (she had a benign cyst in 2006).

Now I know why God had me buy a house that went up 20%, sell it after a year, so I could give her the best treatment...but I'd sell my own kidney to do it even if I didn't have the funds.

Anyone have a kitty with breast cancer that went on to live several more years. ImageUploadedByEarly Retirement Forum1400287737.830261.jpg

I have no experience with kitties suffering from cancer, but I fully understand how you would do anything in your power to help give her as long a good quality life as possible. I have 3 permanent feline residents here and am very bonded to them.

Since it was found early, it sounds as if she has a great chance. Best of luck and my thoughts are with both of you.

I have had a kitty with breast cancer. They can be more robust than you think. Your sweetie has my prayers.

Sending a prayer right now.

Please keep us updated. Since you have kept an eye on it, it sounds hopeful. Please try to keep good thoughts.

I hope things work out for your kitty.

Speaking of cats though, did you see that film clip of the cat attacking a dog who was biting the leg of that toddler that was on the news a couple days ago? Amazing!

Prayers for your Kitty having a complete recovery. She has a wonderful parent so that will make all the difference.

Best wishes for kitty. My doggie lived for many years after breast cancer surgery. She had more lumps but was happy as a clam.

She's a beautiful kitty and obviously well-loved. She looks very much like a calico girl I had years ago.

Best of luck and I will be thinking of both of you on Tuesday.

Made me hug my two little boys more after I read your note....She is very pretty!

Hope all goes well ...please come back and let us know how it goes.....

No matter what the outcome, it is obvious she is well loved.....which is what every

cat or dog or special loved pet can ask for.....

Thank you all! Your kind words are comforting. I'll let you know how she pulls through next week.

Best wishes and a speedy recovery....

A couple of questions... how old is she? Did she ever have any kittens?

I have a cat going through a "Parkinsons" problem. The vet didn't think it would make it this far. It's a cat.....I love it....but it's a cat. I won't make any friends.....but don't spend stupid amounts of money on it. Your life will go on.....

I have a cat going through a "Parkinsons" problem. The vet didn't think it would make it this far. It's a cat.....I love it....but it's a cat. I won't make any friends.....but don't spend stupid amounts of money on it. Your life will go on.....

Good grief. This is one of the least useful or compassionate posts I have ever seen on this forum.

Your use of the word "it" speaks volumes. :nonono:

Last edited:
Good grief. This is one of the least useful or compassionate posts I have ever seen on this forum.

And then.....there is another way to look at it....which you couldn't do....you look at the MOST negative side of it.....lovely. Losing a pet you love....while inevitable....is still not pleasant. And....while my cat is dying, I can't possibly say anything......if it doesn't agree with you.

Last edited:
Sending healthy thoughts and prayers to you and
your beautiful kitty ~~~

Prayers and healing thoughts for your beautiful kitty. I hope you have many more good healthy years with her.

Amen! Thank you.

Best wishes and a speedy recovery....

A couple of questions... how old is she? Did she ever have any kittens?

She'll be 12 in September. I think she's a virgin.

She adopted me 😺 when she was about a year old. The funny thing is I didn't like cats and only got her because I saw a rat on my bird feeder and a neighbor said a cat would take of any rodent problems. Well, within two days I was in love and she's been pure joy ever since. She's like a puppy...loves people, lets anyone pick her up and gives kisses on the cheek if prompted. She even knows when I'm sick. She sits on my tummy and purrs.

Many of us have have developed very deep bonds with our animal companions. You are obviously one of those people 2035. It's a fantastic thing to have such a deep respect and love for an animal. Bless you, and I'll be watching this thread to how she does.

She'll be 12 in September. I think she's a virgin.

She adopted me dde3a when she was about a year old. The funny thing is I didn't like cats and only got her because I saw a rat on my bird feeder and a neighbor said a cat would take of any rodent problems. Well, within two days I was in love and she's been pure joy ever since. She's like a puppy...loves people, lets anyone pick her up and gives kisses on the cheek if prompted. She even knows when I'm sick. She sits on my tummy and purrs.

She sounds like an absolute sweetie! Keep us posted on her progress.

She even knows when I'm sick. She sits on my tummy and purrs.

Our dog wags his tail every time I laugh at a joke or something funny on TV. It seems like he gets the joke, too, but really I think he is just that in sync with my feelings.

Our pets are always family members. I am frugal in a lot of ways but good medical care for the pets is something I am happy to spend money on.

Sending healing thoughts your way.

Blunt words, but with a grain of truth. I lost a wonderful 13+yr old dog I raised from a pup. Years later still recall the tears we shed over the loss. Never easy to say adios to a good friend- whether on 2 legs or 4. But life does go on. True friends would want it that way. At the end when vet offered to put my old pal (with bad arthritis) through a big surgery for a metastatic cancer that had obstructed his gut, I had to bite my lip to do the compassionate thing. I let him go. Sometimes spending "stupid amount of $$" just ain't the right thing to do. Afterwards, my vet said I did the right thing. Said she has refused to do many $$$$ treatments demanded by pet owners over the years because she felt it was not right for the pet. She felt that prolonging death & suffering is NOT the same as saving a life. Hard to disagree with that philosophy.

To OP- Obviously Kitty is not where my pal was yrs ago.
Hope all goes well. Best wishes that you & Kitty have more happy years together!

Back
Top Bottom