Puppies!

We've got 2 pugs (black) and a chihuahua. At 4 years old the pugs have been a blast. They're sisters from the same litter, puppy farm rescues. Incredibly great personalities, and far more active and playful than I expected. Actually a little rambunctious, but could probably be trained better by more persistant owners. We've had a few medical issues, more because of the puppy farm than the breed, but I've heard they can have some problems when they get older. But truthfully, even though I never would have wanted pugs (DW's choice), I like them better than any other dog we've ever had. Got one laying on my lap as I type.

Ah, but will they let you take pictures of them with a pancake on their heads?

New pups are so cute. We lost our 15-year-old beagle last Thanksgiving. My DH is looking for a new beagle; they're his favorite dog. Last summer we adopted a 5-year-old male golden retriever; he's our first male dog in 40 years. He's the best ever! We also have a 2-year-old pitbull. Technically, she's our son's dog but she's very attached to DH and me. If DH doesn't find his beagle soon, I'm tempted to adopt another golden.

For short-haired dogs, they shed a lot...and I mean a lot.

Verily, she speaks truth. ;)

Ah, but will they let you take pictures of them with a pancake on their heads?

No possible way to get a pancake that close to their mouths without non-cooperative action. :D There's a reason most pugs are chubby.

Grats on the new family members. Our 12 yr old yorkie will take a huge chunk of our hearts when he goes.

Amazing how these little lives become so much a part of us as people.

Grats on the new family members. Our 12 yr old yorkie will take a huge chunk of our hearts when he goes.

Amazing how these little lives become so much a part of us as people.

So true. I'm still pretty torn up about my cat who died a few months ago. He was a wonderful little soul.

Lovely new pups, Brewer. So glad you decided on two--nice for them to entertain each other and yes, the nose rules. We had a beagle for years named Karma who was a slave to that nose. Enjoy!

Would I be considered a fetishist when I just love to rub little baby puppy bellies?:whistle:

Puppy bellies are pretty dang awesome--heck, even my old doggies bellies can be very nice! I love to foster the little ones, not only are they tons of fun, but they usually don't last long and we can cycle them out of the house faster than adult dogs.

My SIL is getting one of from this litter - trying to talk DW into one

Picture.jpg

Rambler:

I grew up with Boston Terriers, and they are wonderful dogs. After a 30 year hiatus (when we had a couple of labs and a Vizsla), we got another Boston. We affectionately call her our Boston Terrorist - she is absolutely the alpha. Our English Mastiff, who outweighs her by 173 lbs, is totally ruled by her. Bostons are slightly less prone to respiratory problems (skrunched-in faces don't help breathing), and a little (to a lot) more active than a Pug. Very inteligent and easy to train.
Can't go wrong with either a Pug or a Boston.

Congrats on the new puppies! My avatar is one of my puppies (135lbs) that found me.

I don't know. Seems like a medium sized stick would do it. :angel:

It should only take about 5 seconds of puppy breath to convince her! :D

Puppy breath:LOL:

Such a sweet thought Sarah in SC. Is this anything like kitty tummy? I'll have to investigate this next time I see some puppies at the animal shelter. I'm a cat person, but am learning more about dogs, bunnies and other life forms every day:)

Purron, puppy breath is AWESOME! And yes, a lot like kitty belly!
I wonder sometimes if this is what other people feel about babies...

You golden retriever people have got to see this new book that just came in my Amazon package with Jacob's book--it is called Pukka, the pup after Merle. A picture book by my favorite outdoor and dog writer, Ted Kerasote, it is a visual delight for those who love dogs and especially goldens.

Back
Top Bottom