Real Estate Bust hitting hard!

Keith you're comparing apples to oranges! Are you computing you return on a cash purchase? You'd get an interest only loan with no down and rent as a corporate rental to cover carrying costs and put $100,000 in your pocket. (OK $50K if you have to have a REALTOR. Did I tell you the market is HOT?) Blows the doors off the DJIA if you look at it the way a smart investor would. PLUS why do you think you always have to sell a property to harvest money?
Listen, when you two are done beating this subject to death could we get back to the important debate of whether we should pay off our mortgages?

Just kidding, guys. To each his own definition of the lazy investor.

Keith you're comparing apples to oranges! Are you computing you return on a cash purchase? You'd get an interest only loan with no down and rent as a corporate rental to cover carrying costs and put $100,000 in your pocket. (OK $50K if you have to have a REALTOR. Did I tell you the market is HOT?) Blows the doors off the DJIA if you look at it the way a smart investor would. PLUS why do you think you always have to sell a property to harvest money?

Here we go...

Why on earth would we compare real estate with the DJIA? How about a LEAP on a hot stock? (everyone got that this was facetious, right?)

Bob, a word of unsolicited advice: let it go. Great, all of this works for you. But you are unlikely to convence evryone else, so just smile and bank whatever profits you make.

Here we go...

Why on earth would we compare real estate with the DJIA? How about a LEAP on a hot stock? (everyone got that this was facetious, right?)

Bob, a word of unsolicited advice: let it go. Great, all of this works for you. But you are unlikely to convence evryone else, so just smile and bank whatever profits you make.

Brewer12345

I did not initiate any comparisons to the DJIA. You need to address that to Keith. I'm not sure what the "it" is that you refer but I gladly consider any advice, solicited or not. I merely posted some facts about the real estate market in San Francisco and Honolulu where I have experience. I think that anyone interested in FIRE should at least be aware of Real Property investments in high appreciation areas. Why do you feel the need to censor/belittle/limit that information?

My reply to Keith was not to attack him but to question his comparison and to find out how he made his computations. I'm not trying to convince anyone of anything. I've never given you unsolicited advice when I read some of your stock information that I find questionable. I don't know enough about it to give an educated reply so I choose to censor myself and stay out of the discussion.

Also in almost thirty years of real estate investing, I've never had to put a roof on and the two toilets that have been replaced were to low flow for a cost of less than $200, installed. Did I tell you that my < 300sf studio rents for $1000 monthly. Now if the rent was maybe $150 a month that would not seem so financially savvy.:(

I could give a hoot about convincing anyone either. But i'll respond to statements that your home is a bad investment.

Anything can be a bad or good investment. Its all up to you.

Brewer12345

I did not initiate any comparisons to the DJIA. You need to address that to Keith. I'm not sure what the "it" is that you refer but I gladly consider any advice, solicited or not. I merely posted some facts about the real estate market in San Francisco and Honolulu where I have experience. I think that anyone interested in FIRE should at least be aware of Real Property investments in high appreciation areas. Why do you feel the need to censor/belittle/limit that information?

My reply to Keith was not to attack him but to question his comparison and to find out how he made his computations. I'm not trying to convince anyone of anything. I've never given you unsolicited advice when I read some of your stock information that I find questionable. I don't know enough about it to give an educated reply so I choose to censor myself and stay out of the discussion.

Also in almost thirty years of real estate investing, I've never had to put a roof on and the two toilets that have been replaced were to low flow for a cost of less than $200, installed. Did I tell you that my < 300sf studio rents for $1000 monthly. Now if the rent was maybe $150 a month that would not seem so financially savvy.:(

Whatever you say, [-]ho5uc[/-] Bob.

"Colorado leads a national wave of foreclosures that is leaving neighborhoods blighted and forcing many homeowners into financial ruin. In an ongoing series, The Denver Post examines why the state's foreclosure rate leads the nation and how it is affecting Coloradans, their communities and the economy. Aggressive building and lending practices, lax regulation and a high rate of mortgage fraud, among other factors, are pushing thousands of homeowners into foreclosure. "

http://www.denverpost.com/foreclosures

Back
Top Bottom