Remember Date You Retired?...Know Date You Will Retire?

Danny

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Funny, I can't seem to remember and can't find any papers right now from around then to help me out. Maybe there is something wrong with my mind or does this happen when you have nothing to do all day.

I know it was June something 2001.

Wonder if unclemick (14 yrs! -way to go uncle) is the holder of longest retired...

Same here Dan...June of 2001. I was warming up for several months prior, but July was my first full month "off".

January 14th 1991

S&P Index= 312.49

Well into our 17th year.

Billy
RetireEarlyLifestyle.com

I know the first possible date when I can retire, and the last possible date I might retire. The difference between the two is only about 8 months.

December 31, 2006.

Jarhead or HaHa may hold the record for longest early retired on this board.

Hey Jarhead, time to check in!

No, I don't remember when you retired either.

If all goes as planned its Jan 3, 2008. I tried to get a buyout last year and it fell through. If that happens again I will just go out around July 30, 2008, that would be 35 years working for me. Sounds like enough time even in non ER forums.

7/1/06 -- almost a full year.....does not feel that long. Time moves fast -- even when you don't have to rush around.

Although we've certainly worked off and on (mostly just when a project looked like fun) since then.....but never at any kind of regular or full time job.....I'd have to say, August 17, 1992....the day we rolled out of our driveway in a VW Westfalia van heading out to take a year off and explore Mexico and Central America......we didn't know at the time that we'd never go home, the house would end up being sold to the housesitter and that we were embarking on a nomadic life that we would continue to this day......perhaps it's better sometimes, not to know the future. Had we known it at the time, we'd probably have been scared to leave....but in the end, it all turned out wonderfully, so....

LooseChickens

December 31, 2004.

Two and a half years tomorrow.

Actual processing out was Dec 30.

That's easy, TODAY is my first full day of retirement:D:D:D
you can't wipe that smile off your face, can you...
:D - I'm still smiling and it's been around 6 years for me - Al's working on exact date...

Your last day of work was June 29, 2001. Actually, that was the last day you were "at" work, but you started slacking off well before that.

Yep, that's it, Al's mind is made up and he's sticking with it.
ok, I admit I practiced doing nothing for a few [-]months[/-] years to make sure I could handle it. (they let me telecommute the last 2 years, it was confusing when it was time to take vacation)

An easy day to remember here! It's already been 3 months! April 4, 2007

Appropriately, on Independence Day....July 4th...I'll celebrate 3 months of independence from [-]tyrannical rule[/-] w*rk!!! :D:D:D

Today the spreadsheet tells me my nominal retirement date is April 1, 2022, shortly before my 53rd birthday.

2Cor521

My last day of work was 06/02/06. I received an invitation to my 35th high school reunion and it stated that it had been 35 years since our 06/02/71 high school graduation. I did not have a clue as to the date of my high school graduation, but 06/02 is pretty memorable to me now!

My last day of work was 06/02/06. I received an invitation to my 35th high school reunion and it stated that it had been 35 years since our 06/02/71 high school graduation. I did not have a clue as to the date of my high school graduation, but 06/02 is pretty memorable to me now!

Interesting...My April 1, 2022 date is very close to 35 years after my high school graduation (May ?, 1987).

2Cor521

Our plan has been to retire on 30 June 2008, so exactly 1 year from today. However, after running through our numbers today the possibility exists that we may be able to do it 3-6 months earlier than that, which excites me greatly.

Date for me is August 15, 2007 when we close on my business sale. 45 days!

1/29/2002...and the next day I took this picture almost 2000 miles away (in the Bahamas) where I stayed for 2 months to celebrate.

Attachments

• 20020130_101137.JPG
    20020130_101137.JPG
    54.4 KB · Views: 4
I will be able to retire on November 21, 2023....which is also my birthday (I will be 49) and I will have reached the magic rule of 70 at my megacorp which will ensure that I will have my full medical benefits in retirement!
Only 16 more years to go!!!!

Back
Top Bottom