Requalifying for Term Life

kaneohe

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
I have had an annual renewable term policy for nearly 20 yrs.
During that time, I recall reading how new mortality tables made new policies cheaper than older ones but for whatever reason(inertia, work, belief that borderline cholesterol/blood pressure would disqualify from best rates) never did anything. Meanwhile the premiums on the ART policy kept creeping up at 10-15% each yr. Finally this yr, the premium got my attention.

The rep at the company said I could apply for the best rate for 10 yr term and see what happened. I figured they were just stringing me along and would offer a less favorable rate due to health issues but I did it for the free lab tests.
The roaming nurse came out to collect blood/urine. I thought it was a lost cause when blood pressure was 130/something and tried to ask for a recount. She ignored me until after she had traumatized me w/ the needle and then the recount was even higher.

Surprisingly, the application was approved so the premium for the 10 yr level term will be half of what the older ART would have been, and even better, it will stay the same while the ART would have kept escalating each yr..........so,if you have an older ART policy, you might think about replacing it.

Back
Top Bottom