RIP Leon Redbone

I missed this, and just came across something yesterday.

Leon Redbone was great - I saw him at the Amazing Grace Coffee House in he late 70's, maybe early 80's.

He acted as an old-time character, but his guitar playing was quite impressive, and it all came together to be very entertaining. Just love that baritone voice, stage persona, mouth-trumpet and other effects. He was one of a kind!

(very cool jazz clarinet in this one)

much more here:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCi1CLy1kuT3MwwRJmh4VDjQ

edit/add: I loved this youtube comment:

Right Fromleft 2 weeks ago
Think of the era in which this was performed. Glitter rock, disco, platform shoes, polyester leisure suits and those two brilliant artist had zero F's to give about that whole mess.

-ERD50

Things happen in THREES, Leon May 30, Dr John June 6, As morbid as it is, WHO'S NEXT? One of the Who:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

OMG - GREAT FIND RUNNING MAN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

watched the whole thing, put a smile on my face........

Loved all the OLD video of snow fights etc...

OMG - GREAT FIND RUNNING MAN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

watched the whole thing, put a smile on my face........

Loved all the OLD video of snow fights etc...

Great! And (sadly, in a way, wonderful in another way) combining two great artists who passed recently.

DW asked why I was listening to Christmas Music, so I had to explain the whole thing. Here's a gif from the comments of that video that is apropos to the occasion:

Also, the clips at 1:22 and 1:27 are from "It's a Wonderful Life" (which I was thinking about for some reason today, some mentioned 'angels'?).

-ERD50

Attachments

• Christmas_Die_Hard_Hans_Gruber.gif
    Christmas_Die_Hard_Hans_Gruber.gif
    341 KB · Views: 23

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom