Consolidated 2020 (2d half) RIP Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
In a bit of synchronicity I watched the Rifftrax version of the movie "Tourist Trap" last night on Pluto TV, featuring a young (19?, 20?) year old Tanya Roberts wearing a tube top and Daisy Duke cutoff shorts. She was very pleasant to look at in that get-up.

So sad she's gone.

Tanya was part of Hugh Herbert's harem of bunnies. She was made the cover of one edition as a Playboy Playmate.

Hef?

She wasn't a Playboy Bunny, just did a pictorial to promote Beastmaster.

Last edited:
I have almost finished watching the entire Bond series on Blu-ray, I bought the box set on black Friday, so most of the Bond girls are pretty fresh in my mind. Tonya was very sexy in what I now think of as probably the worst Bond flick of them all. Not her fault, of course. It's "A View to a Kill" for the non-Bond folks out there.

Um apparently she's alive. In hospital, still not well, but not yet passed.

Wow! Weird situation, but I'm glad to hear it. I hope she recovers. 65 is way too young (says I, who turned 65 a couple of weeks ago)

Wow! Weird situation, but I'm glad to hear it. I hope she recovers. 65 is way too young (says I, who turned 65 a couple of weeks ago)

Ha. I read the same news .. that she’s still alive. Weird indeed.

Aw! All the good ones are dropping like flies. I liked Gerry and the Pacemakers. :(

They were one of my favorite groups in the sixties. Still enjoy their songs after all the years. They hold up. RIP.

Consolidated RIP Thread

We're consolidating all the RIP threads into one place for convenience (at least the ones in the last 6 months). If you want to add someone, just title your post appropriately.

Last edited:
Her husband advised she died and now advised she's alive. Fishy indeed.

It may not be fishy. He said there was confusion based on the fact he couldn't go into ICU due to Covid. Something got mixed up after that.

Meta comment

Not sure if this should go here, but I preferred the old individual RIP threads. They alerted me to someone's death by scanning the thread titles. Also having the reminiscences organized by individual avoids the jarring "are they talking about Gerry or Tanya" effect we now have in this combined thread.

I agree that I would favor individual RIP threads. It doesn't seem to me that they overwhelm the forum or make up an inordinate amount of threads (what do I know though). Just easier to look at the ones I like with comments on the single individual rather than have to search within this thread.

Tanya Roberts is reportedly to have died from sepsis secondary to a urinary tract infection. Sepsis can happen fast even in young, healthy individuals when things like pneumonia, kidney or skin infections aren't treated early.

+1 about being in favor of the individual RIP threads.

For example, if I still wish to read more about comments on Dawn Wells, now I have to page around or do some sort of search to find. Before just glance at the title, then "Boom!" right there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom