RIP Porter

Thank's for sharing the great pictures. I am so sorry for your family's loss.

So sorry, Brewer. Anyone who has ever had to let a dog go knows that it is like losing a dear family member.

Hey brewer:

Really sorry about porter. He looks like he was an awesome companion. You STILL HAVE all your memories............:)

You have my heart felt condolences for your loss. Such a beautiful doggie, he will be missed. :(

I'm sorry for your loss. You gave him a long and happy life and the pictures are very nice. I hope the good memories sustain you and your family.

Thank you for all the kind words. I miss him terribly.

He was our buddy.

Attachments

• Sept_2010_-_Promised_Land_(43)[1].JPG
    Sept_2010_-_Promised_Land_(43)[1].JPG
    951.5 KB · Views: 5
RIP Porter.

Funny how I remember every dog since childhood till now.

heh heh heh - the family beagle was Prancer who also was put to sleep(1967) due to cancer - age 11. :(

So sorry for you loss Brewer...it's really tough when you lose a family pet....really hurts.

It's so painful to lose a beloved pet. I feel for you and your family....so sorry, Brewer.:(

Thank you for all the kind words. I miss him terribly.

He was our buddy.

Beautiful picture Brewer. What lovely memories you and your family must have of him. It's been nine months since I lost my beloved cat and I still miss him so much.

My sympathy, too.
Four-legged family members are just as dear as the two-legged kind. Keep his picture handy. I think it helps.

Sorry for your loss. Nice pics, and I'm sure lots of great memories for the future.

I like to think he and Barley are waiting for us together, like this.

Attachments

• 188662_10150127182791940_736206939_6501574_3835655_n.jpg
    188662_10150127182791940_736206939_6501574_3835655_n.jpg
    130.4 KB · Views: 3
Sorry for your loss, brewer. So many of us have been through this with a pet and it's a special kind of hurt.

It's coming up on a year since our beloved cat Max died. I'm doing better but reading about your Porter gets me all teared up again.

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.
There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.
There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.
The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...

Are you trying to make me cry or what? So sorry for your loss....I miss my puppy Timber every day and he's been gone 4 years now :(.

I'm sure that Porter and Barley are playing at the Rainbow Bridge....

Brewer, there's a special place in heaven for dogs like Porter and Barley who were part of our families before our children came and who made our children's earliest memories so rich.

A special life leaves us memories, and memories last forever. So sorry for your loss of Porter

Brewer,
Sorry for your loss, thanks for sharing him with us. I had a beagle growing up, and know how they can capture your heart.
This, too, shall pass..
Best,
WS

Last night when I came home I really felt Porter's presence even though I could not see him. I found myself reaching out to pet the third dog when I walked in and got rushed by the two puppies. At dinner I kept looking down expecting to see him at his accustomed mealtime begging spot. Sitting on the couch, I seemed to feel him slip behind me when I leaned forward (his favorite trick to get closer). And as I tucked my older daughter in, I could not stop myself tucking him in with a blanket on the beanbag seat he liked to sleep in in her room.

I think he was saying goodbye one more time before going to join Barley.

Last night when I came home I really felt Porter's presence even though I could not see him. I found myself reaching out to pet the third dog when I walked in and got rushed by the two puppies. At dinner I kept looking down expecting to see him at his accustomed mealtime begging spot. Sitting on the couch, I seemed to feel him slip behind me when I leaned forward (his favorite trick to get closer). And as I tucked my older daughter in, I could not stop myself tucking him in with a blanket on the beanbag seat he liked to sleep in in her room.

I think he was saying goodbye one more time before going to join Barley.

It was tough when I lost my old golden retriever. But, now all my memories of her aways make me smile. The other day, I could see her swimming in the lake when I was hiking our old trail with my current dog. Those are good memories.:)

Back
Top Bottom