Romantic moment shattered

Walt34

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
Site Team
This afternoon DW and I went out to do some last-minute Christmas shopping and decided to get lunch at a local restaurant. Walking across some treacherous-looking ice she grabbed my hand, I thought, for assurance and support in the event she slipped on the ice.

Then she said "If I go down you're going with me."

So much for chivalry and romance.

I guess that's what happens after 20+ years of marriage.:LOL:

:LOL:

Yep...shattered hip...shattered romance...both pretty painful!

Sounds like y'all have a lot of fun together. :flowers:

Well, since she broke the barrier, you could have replied, "So by going down you mean I am getting especially lucky tonight?"

I don't think that takes 20+ years of marriage because I remember pulling that stunt on my husband of a mere 2+ years. I suspect its more an illustration of the type of woman you married (since I am obviously the same type, I am voting for labelling it as practical). ;)

This afternoon DW and I went out to do some last-minute Christmas shopping and decided to get lunch at a local restaurant. Walking across some treacherous-looking ice she grabbed my hand, I thought, for assurance and support in the event she slipped on the ice.

Could be worse: DW and I were walking an icy sidewalk in Wisconsin, DW loses balance; DW wildly swings arm in a futile effort to regain balance. DW's flailing fist squarely lands full force right on the family jewels.

I go to the ground in a heap. She falls on top of me, hysterical as I nearly vomit with that pain which only men really appreciate.

Boys, hold their hands when it's icy -- not for chivalry but for self defense.

I might say something like that to my husband, and he might say, "I'll be sure to land on you, because you're softer than I am." :LOL:

Amethyst.

The missing element here is the gentleman's coat spread out over the walking path of the lady, in the fashion of classic chivalry.
Tsk tsk tsk :nonono:

;)

I see my oversight in leaving out the chivalrous act. You should immediately follow up the question with, "In that case, I wouldn't mind going down with you." :)

Back
Top Bottom