Say something positive

I worked today (first day back), and I actually enjoyed it! I have a new job as an assistant teacher at a local physical therapy assistant school. So far, I've discovered that I LOVE teaching! :)

I worked today (first day back), and I actually enjoyed it! I have a new job as an assistant teacher at a local physical therapy assistant school. So far, I've discovered that I LOVE teaching! :)
That is positive indeed, SG. Congratulations. :flowers:

This week I have bought children's vitamins to take for my next trip to Cental America late November when we run another free mobile clinic there.

Anode

The assignment for my photography class was a window-lit portrait, the model was the toughest customer I've heard of (DW), and she liked it!

This is unheard of. She has never liked a photograph of herself.

I guess I did something right. Now if only I could figure out what it was....

Temp drop from 70's to 40's, yesterday to today. I can't get the thought of buying Halloween candy out of my head.

If I buy too early - you know who is gonna taste test.

heh heh heh - strung the light up Pumpkins and Bats around the front deck. Neighbors have all decorated their yards weeks ago. :greetings10:

Halloween is an excuse to buy 10X the candy any human being needs, bemoan the fact that 1200 kids didn't come to your door in 2 hours to get rid of it all, then throw up your hands and eat it all because "waste not, want not".........:)

For those of you who like to fish, this is a great time of year to do so. We are catching lots of Bass and I am heading out in the morning for another 3-day trip. Nothing like fresh fish right out of the Lake and into the pan.
Here is the menu......Fish and "cold frosty brew". :dance:

Woke up in Chiang Mai, Thailand with the woman I love and no plan at all. Loving each day of life.

Hi Warren. Welcome to the board. Start a thread in the "Hi I am" section and tell us a little about yourself.

Say something positive - I read the above post and it made me feel good :dance:

Went to see a friend last night who is in hospice care at home. Had some good laughs, a few sad moments, but all in all, a fine way to pass an evening with a friend we may not see again in this life.

We gave him a new hat, which his wife admired. He told her he'd leave it to her in his will. Ah, a sense of humor, even in dark days. That is as positive as I can imagine! :flowers:

Went to see a friend last night who is in hospice care at home. Had some good laughs, a few sad moments, but all in all, a fine way to pass an evening with a friend we may not see again in this life.

We gave him a new hat, which his wife admired. He told her he'd leave it to her in his will. Ah, a sense of humor, even in dark days. That is as positive as I can imagine! :flowers:

Wow, what an incredible friend you have. Thanks for sharing that story!

From the "Not all businesses are evil" category, a nice story about a pro photographer who does free portraits of animals at the local animal shelter and makes a big difference in adoption rates:

To snag homes, shelter pets get glam makeovers - TODAY Pets & Animals - TODAY.com

At the bottom of the article are the "before" animal shelter staff photos and "after" pro photos. Quite a difference!

Makes me want to sign up for one of his workshops on photography.

Yesterday I went to a Halloween Headdress class. It was three hours steeped in fun, laughter, art materials - colored paper, sequins, buttons, paints, fabric, tacky glue - and treated to tea, snacks, and a big pot-bellied wood stove.

From the "Not all businesses are evil" category, a nice story about a pro photographer who does free portraits of animals at the local animal shelter and makes a big difference in adoption rates:

To snag homes, shelter pets get glam makeovers - TODAY Pets & Animals - TODAY.com

At the bottom of the article are the "before" animal shelter staff photos and "after" pro photos. Quite a difference!

Makes me want to sign up for one of his workshops on photography.

You should do it! There are a couple of really great photographers that take pics at our local shelter and man, does it make a difference in how you "see" the animals.

It would be awesome if you could experiment with doing some of these for your local shelter, too. :flowers:

I've always said that kids and pets are the best ways to practice your action photography, because you only get that one chance before they move again!

Walt, thanks so much for posting that link to the glamour photography for shelter animals. I've posted it on other forums I frequent in the hopes that other people will do this. Who knows---you may have saved the life of an animal or two if other people start doing this and more animals get adopted.

My positive thing happened at Starbucks today---and it wasn't even the free sample of the peppermint mocha (which came out today, along with the red Christmas cups since it is the day after Halloween. A four year old boy came over and sat in one of the plushy chairs between me and DH. He was so friendly and engaging that we put down our newspapers and fully interacted with him for a few minutes. He had a lot to say about Halloween, his age, and a future puppet show he would be attending. When he left, I realized that I had fully been in the moment and wasn't worrying about "wasting" time talking to him. It seemed like a quality use of those minutes. I am not sure I would have been open to this had I not been FIREd---my j*b did zap some energy, patience, etc.

There can be no Spring without Winter...

I am not talking about the weather. I am talking about me.

I feel so vibrant lately. It must be the change in the hours of sunlight lately. Or being in love with and being loved by a good man...;)

Whatever it is, it feels GOOD :dance:

Just playing around with Lightroom 3, it's like a new toy!

A photo magazine has a contest going on for "silhouette" photos - I think I'll send this one in. Never entered a photo contest before.

Attachments

• tree silhoute sunset_1214.jpg
    tree silhoute sunset_1214.jpg
    421.5 KB · Views: 16
Walt, that is gorgeous! Please enter and let us know how it goes. I have just taken up painting and I feel inspired to try to recreate something close to this photo. Wow!

A photo magazine has a contest going on for "silhouette" photos - I think I'll send this one in. Never entered a photo contest before.

This is awesome. I've thought about taking up photography after retirement and this gives me the itch to start sooner! Thanks for sharing!

That is beautiful. I hope that you win! Thanks for sharing.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom