Shoes

haha

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
I want some shoes that look good with a suit, but are also comfortable for walking 4 or 5 miles. I know it is a tradeoff, but my Birks just won’t do it in the looks department.

I want to be able to walk downtown, do some business, maybe stop in a hotel bar before walking home.

My feet are normal, except that I do need good arch supports. Any suggestions?

Ha

These shoes are very stylish and should be very comfortable. The ladies should notice you too !

d175.JPG

always buy the best bed and the best shoes. if you are not in one you are in the other.

besides the rare nonsecular business luncheon that i couldn't avoid and a yearly vanity, i mean, awards ceremony, i have never dressed for anything but my own comfort. though this year's 50th b-day party/high school reunion required jackets to board the dinner cruise. one of the dumbest things i ever did. you put on your jacket to board the boat and then they are hung on the backs of chairs for the rest of the cruise. in protest i "accidentally" left my blazer in new jersey. ooops. never to be worn by me again.

i don't understand substituting comfort for fashion. but even if you absolutely feel you have to wear a dark suit for some ungodly reason, i don't see why you can't find yourself a nice pair of comfy black sneakers, or the masterblaster's bunny shoes. if anyone says anything i'd claim a bunion.

I used to wear Joseph Seibel's and Ecco's until I developed a bunion. Now I swear by SoftWalk since they come in wider widths. (I add some padding to coddle the bunion.) Also, I still wear Ecco sandels, they work beautifully as walking shoes; I cut one of the straps off to let the bunion out. Who let the dogs out?

If you have a SAS shoestore in your location, they are great.

Unfortunately, due to the company's eccentric owner, they are not available online and so they can be hard to find. But if you see such a store, they are worth investigating. They make shoes for both men and women.

I wore some to a formal meeting in June, and walked 4 miles (2 miles beforehand, and 2 miles during the lunch hour). By the time I returned after lunch I was hot, but my feet didn't hurt.

I want some shoes that look good with a suit, but are also comfortable for walking 4 or 5 miles. I know it is a tradeoff, but my Birks just won’t do it in the looks department.
My feet are normal, except that I do need good arch supports. Any suggestions?
You might find a good model in the sports or casual wear departments. Rockport or Nike used to make a good basic black leather-upper walking shoe with foam/gel soles. They looked great with everything up to a three-piece pinstripe, and I had a pair for nearly a decade before they wore out. If they're not enough arch support on their own, you could add a pair of slip-in orthotics.

ditto on the SAS ones. I used them when I was trying to avoid surgery on my feet. They along with some exercises did the trick. I wear one pair for outside and one pair for inside the house. Have been wearing them for about 6 years now.

I'll add approval for Rockport, but I haven't tried those other ones.

I second Ecco! I have some sandals that I wear all the time. They really are comfortable and wear well too. Ecco has many styles for men.

Rockports, they can be formal enough for wear with a suit and nearly as comfortable as tennis shoes. I wore plain black ones with my USAF uniform for 12 years (had one pair re-soled three times), and relegated my hot, stiff, blister producing Corfams "plasti-shoes" to parade-use only. Which was, effectively, never.

Thanks for all the suggestions. Since I'm used to wearing Birks, I'll look first at their offerings in the dressier styles.

And OAP, I'm not sure of the conection, but laughed my way all through the video. Sent it to a friend with an Indian ex husband.

Ha

Look at Red Wing shoes. Some are really great and look excellent with a suit and are as comfortable as running nike shoes!

Red Wing Shoes

Yes, what Rich and SamClem suggested: Rockport.
You can run comfortablly in them if necessary.
For a time I had trouble finding any without "Rockport" written on the outside somewhere - but they make 'em.

My SO also wears rockport and they look fancy enough and are comfortable.

I don't know if this applies to mens shoes...but i have found wearing them a half size larger and putting insoles helps too...

the green ones at footlocker are pretty great...i am not a fan of the gellin' crap from dr. scholl...

I wear almost nothing but Clarks these days. Very comfy and style ranges from extremely casual to fairly dressy. All are comfy. Best part is that they have outlets, so I can buy $120 shoes for $50.

Ha ,Listen to Brewer ! He not only knows stocks but he knows shoes .If you stop in a bar with a suit and black sneakers women will laugh at you , maybe some desperate women won't but trust me the rest will .Go with Clarks or Rockports !

Back
Top Bottom