Snack "Chips"?

Choose your favorite snack "chip"

• Regular potato chips (classic, ruffled, salted potato type)

Votes: 22 31.4%
  • Seasoned potato chips (sour cream/onion, Old Bay, etc)

Votes: 9 12.9%
  • Doritos (any flavor)

Votes: 11 15.7%
  • Tortilla Chips

Votes: 13 18.6%
  • Multi Grain (Sun Chips)

Votes: 11 15.7%
  • Cheese Puffs (puffy or crunchy)

Votes: 4 5.7%

• Total voters

Fireup2020

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
I was sitting here at my desk, hard at w*rk peacefully cruising through the ER forum, when I heard the pleasant crunch of a potato chip - now, not the rude crunching or smacking from a rude co-worker, but the appetizing soft crunch - and lo and behold, my mouth watered! I walked around to her cube and we giggled and had a fun discussion about chips in general, and while when in the mood for such bad for me things, I won't necessarily kick most to the curb, but I do have my preferences - and yes, she shared hers with me (preventing me from having to purchase my own bag!) :D

So, here's a fun poll to see which ones we rate the best!

Last edited:
I prefer Kettle chips. Sorry I had to be difficult but there was no "other" option :(

I'm a total sucker for just about any potato chips. We don't keep them in the house, if at all possible.... it's too difficult for my self control.

Cheetos are my one guilty pleasure. All those other chips have no appeal at all, but I cannot walk away from a bag of cheetos. I used to reward myself on long boring drives with a bag from the AM PM>

Doritos. I don't dare even walk down that aisle in the store - they jump into the cart on their own. If they make it home the giant bag lasts two days at most. My weight is the same as it was when I was 25 and it's become increasingly difficult to keep it that way.

Doritos. I don't dare even walk down that aisle in the store - they jump into the cart on their own. If they make it home the giant bag lasts two days at most. My weight is the same as it was when I was 25 and it's become increasingly difficult to keep it that way.

Makes me laugh. Every time I walk past the junk isle my mouth starts to water.

Baked Lays. Not as greasy as regular chips, less fat, etc.

I make up for it in quantity though.

I'd vote for pork rinds but that's not on the list either.

Funny, I was just told by a 2.9 year old that "I need barbecue chips in my tummy!"

Ruffles deserve their own category. Dipping without them may be hazardous to your laundry situation.

from the quick-e-mart - classic lays or sour cream/cheddar

from the gourmet or alterna markets new york cheddar from kettle chips! yum!

Kettle Chip's Tuscan Three Cheese: a "Mediterreanean Vacation in a bag". Or Kettle Chip's Salt and Pepper. Or Fritos (mmmmm Frito Pie - midwest hight "walking pie").

I love the Kettle chips in Jalapeno, Red Hot, and the Buffalo Blue Cheese.

I put Sun Chips because of the compromise between taste and fat/calories. If health were no object, I think I'd go with Fritos or those Maui potato chips.

I love Kettle chips too, and in my mind for poll purposes, I had them in the "regular" potato chips category ;) Thai chili??!! Mmmm - that sounds tasty!

Trek: They have Pork Rinds in Estonia? We used to eat them when I lived in VA - not even sure if they can be found in NJ!

The sweet thai chili ones are hard to put down.

On the other end of the spectrum we have these

img_593901_0_ef81d321b4c86e1b3c5e2afb23e9ac82.jpg

I used to spend a couple of dollars a day on Nacho Cheese flavored Doritos from the snack machine at the office. Now it's mostly these from the Garden of Eatin'...

Attachments

• 01583900823.jpg
    01583900823.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 1
I wish there was just ONE day a year when we could eat chips and chocolate all day, and not gain an ouncE!! :rant:

Lol, I look at how much a bar of chocolate is. Then I figure out how long I need to exercise to burn that off. Boy it sure isnt fair!

Lol, I look at how much a bar of chocolate is. Then I figure out how long I need to exercise to burn that off. Boy it sure isnt fair!

Not fair at all!! When I was a kid and had that kind of metabolism, I was skinny and couldn't afford things like chocolate. Now that I am older and have the money, there goes the metabolism.... :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom