Songs: One Hit Wonders

Just don't tell my heart, my achy breaky heart that you started this thread :LOL:

Last edited:
There are (by chance) 100 songs on my iTunes playlist named 'One Hit Wonders'...but I'll spare you all that and just pick one somewhat at random that always made me chuckle. (song really starts at about 0:50)

Some of the ones above are also on my One Hit Wonder playlist, some not...

Randy Newman- I Iove L.A. - YouTube

Last edited:
Such a beautiful and haunting song. Written by Prince and performed by Sinead O'Connor. Her one and only hit song. Sinead's career took a nose dive after she tore up a picture of the Pope as a political statement on Saturday Night Live.

Sinéad O'Connor - Nothing Compares 2U - YouTube

Last edited:
OK, I lied. I have about 5-6 I'd like to include, but I'll add just one more (maybe). Jimmy Buffett's version is great too, but he's hardly a one hit wonder candidate.
Everclear~ Brown Eyed Girl - YouTube

OK, I lied. I have about 5-6 I'd like to include, but I'll add just one more (maybe). Jimmy Buffett's version is great too, but he's hardly a one hit wonder candidate.

Good version for sure and Jimmy sure does this song proud too. DH and I saw Jimmy for the first time in concert this past summer and he performed it very well. Just feel a need to say the best version was done by the man who wrote this song. I'm sure he's not a one hit wonder but it's good to listen to this song again anyway.

Intersting factoid about this song. It was originally titled "Brown-Skinned Girl" but Morrison changed it to "Brown Eyed Girl" when he recorded it.

Van Morrison - Brown Eyed Girl (Original Version) - YouTube

Good version for sure and Jimmy sure does this song proud too. DH and I saw Jimmy for the first time in concert this past summer and he performed it very well. Just feel a need to say the best version was done by the man who wrote this song. I'm sure he's not a one hit wonder but it's good to listen to this song again anyway.

Intersting factoid about this song. It was originally titled "Brown-Skinned Girl" but Morrison changed it to "Brown Eyed Girl" when he recorded it.

Van Morrison - Brown Eyed Girl (Original Version) - YouTube
Unfortunately that's not the original version. The line "making love in the green grass behind the stadium" has been removed. I don't know when or why that happened since it originally played on AM radio with the line in it. At least it did on Canadian AM radio maybe it was just American Am where the line was removed.

Last edited:
Unfortunately that's not the original version. The line "making love in the green grass behind the stadium" has been removed. I don't know when or why that happened since it originally played on AM radio with the line in it. At least it did on Canadian AM radio maybe it was just American Am where the line was removed.

Stupid Americans.*

*Quote from a MST3K episode. 12 to the Moon to be exact.

Back
Top Bottom