What songs make you feel younger?

I'm not sure if any songs make me feel younger. Hearing music from my youth that I listened to often, like ZZ Top Eliminator, and a lot of other 80's rock especially, takes me back, but it also makes me think of how long it's been, so that makes me feel older.

Good point. Not familiar with some of these songs I must be a little off the target demographic.

Anything BeachBoys and anything Tina Turner

Golden Country

Songs that I listened to when I was young.

This song always takes me back to when I was playing Little League baseball and a nice girl that would come watch our games. I was 12 and she was 13 Good times for sure!!!

This song always takes me back to when I was playing Little League baseball and a nice girl that would come watch our games. I was 12 and she was 13 Good times for sure!!!

I was pretty young when this song came out, but I knew it, and for some reason, I actually thought about it when viewing this thread before you posted it.

I was pretty young when this song came out, but I knew it, and for some reason, I actually thought about it when viewing this thread before you posted it.

I don't hear it often but it takes me right back to a really great time in my life!

Beach Boys
Most 70's music
And I can never "just sit" when listening to FlashDance-What a Feeling

So true. If you watched the Super Bowl there were two Flashdance themed ads, one with a cameo by Jennifer Beals.

Carly Simon - That's the Way I've Always Heard It Should Be

This song brings me back to my youth, mainly because I experienced the first stanza many times when I was very young, but the rest of the song is so very familiar to me.

"My father sits at night with no lights on
His cigarette glows in the dark
The living room is still
I walk by, no remark"

The business department (typing/computer courses/etc) at my high school used "Takin' Care of Business" as a theme song...until my senior year of high school. I think someone finally actually listened to the lyrics, which encouraged slacking off moreso than getting things accomplished, and realized it wasn't the best message to send out!

You could have fired back with this one:
(Chris Rea was one of the best on the slide guitar)

This one for me. More than a few crazy times in my youth. Also good when I'm pushing it on the bicycle - decades later.

Since I had "multiple lives" it's complicated

Early on, it was Beach Boys and some of the Beatles. During my period of "government employment" it was the Animals and "We've Gotta Get Outa This Place". Later on, up till about the mid 80's, most anything where someone was searching or traveling. Then I settled down for a bit until 1999 and after that it was all over the map when I moved back to the opposite coast. However, this one makes me roll up the volume when it comes on.

<iframe width="544" height="408" src="
" title="Bryan Adams - Summer Of 69 (Live)" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" allowfullscreen></iframe>

As I get older, what makes me feel younger is listening to some current music so I don’t feel stuck in the past. Lately some favorites are Miley Cyrus’ “Flowers”, several Dua Lipa songs, and a couple by Lewis Capaldi. Hard for me to listen and not start bopppng along with the music!

An "old" dancable song that makes us feel young. A staple at the ballroom dances we go to. I like this version:

And this one, relatively newer but with a classic funk sound:

IMHO, they stopped making good R&R in the mid-to-late 80's. And my beloved country music has nearly devolved completely into pop. My fav Sirius/XM channels are 70's on 7, Y2Kountry, Prime Country, Willie's Roadhouse and Outlaw Country. 60's Gold and 80's on 8 are also good.

This one takes me back to my youth in the Midwest. A country boy becomes a rocker and the rest is history.

Here are some old songs for a moderate tempo workout..

^^^^^^^

I really like all three of those. Thanks for sharing.:)

Back
Top Bottom