What songs make you feel younger?

badatmath

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Looking for additions to my "workout" playlist.

This song makes me feel 30 years younger - at least for the first 10 seconds. Then I remember I can barely even move much less dance. And I don't even drink now.

Last edited:
Ten years ago (maybe even five years ago), I'd say this one, now not so much :)

Just got back from seeing the new Bob Marley movie "One Love". Anything from that time (late 70's) brings back memories of being young.

One that reminds me I am old is "End of the Line" by Travelling Wilburys. The video, with just the rocking chair for Roy Orbison, hits home. And, of course Harrison and Petty are now gone as well.

But, back to the make you feel younger question, pretty much anything by Linda Ronstadt. Good God she had a voice, and was OK to look at:D.

Being a radio and party DJ from the late 70s through the mid 80s, almost any dance music of that time makes me feel young. Such as this one, as its bass line, or variations on it, have been used in many other songs.

Another one that makes me feel young as it was popular in my youth (and you can dance to it.) Not only that, but Anita Humes has the "brightest" voice I can think of. I just wish they had done a lot more albums.

Just can't get enough of Anita's voice!

Takes me back 60+ years!

Beach Boys
Most 70's music
And I can never "just sit" when listening to FlashDance-What a Feeling

Looking for additions to my "workout" playlist.

This song makes me feel 30 years younger - at least for the first 10 seconds. Then I remember I can barely even move much less dance. And I don't even drink now.

I was never that young.

One of the more popular punk dance youthful rebellion songs of the 80s:

Really young sitting in the front seat of a 1957 Studebaker Silverhawk

Teen young -- Nothing. Music between 1970 and 75 was either overripe 60's rehash, bubblegum (Billy Don't be a Hero et al), or that massive persistent wave of Country. (Rose Garden lady, Charlie guy with the sliver hair, others) Not bad but didn't stir me.

Young Man on his Way, young --

Last edited:

The business department (typing/computer courses/etc) at my high school used "Takin' Care of Business" as a theme song...until my senior year of high school. I think someone finally actually listened to the lyrics, which encouraged slacking off moreso than getting things accomplished, and realized it wasn't the best message to send out!

Just can't get enough of Anita's voice!

Takes me back 60+ years!

That song takes me back too, but in my case only about 40 years. In the early/mid 80's, I listened to the local oldies station alot, and that one was pretty popular on their playlist. I always enjoyed it.

Back in those days, we didn't have classic rock stations yet, at least not that I can remember. I think it's because most classic rock was still new enough, or at least similar-sounding enough, that it still fit in well with the newer stuff on the local rock stations. And, some of it overlapped pretty well into the oldies stations, as well.

Nowadays though, it seems like the oldies stations are gone. And the classic rock stations are playing 20-30 year old stuff, that just doesn't seem all that old...although I'm sure it does to younger people. For instance, right now, one of the stations I listen too is playing something by the Foo Fighters! Released in 1995. Good lord I feel old now!

Almost anything in my music library from my youth, there are thousands. And there's some contemporary stuff I enjoy.

Even though I listen to rock & roll more than 90% of the time, this is still the most beautiful song ever written to me - the original and a few covers. I would think it would make most of us feel younger?

https://spinditty.com/playlists/Who-Sang-It-Best-Somewhere-Over-the-Rainbow

Last edited:
The business department (typing/computer courses/etc) at my high school used "Takin' Care of Business" as a theme song...until my senior year of high school. I think someone finally actually listened to the lyrics, which encouraged slacking off more so than getting things accomplished, and realized it wasn't the best message to send out!

:LOL::LOL::LOL:

I'm not sure if any songs make me feel younger. Hearing music from my youth that I listened to often, like ZZ Top Eliminator, and a lot of other 80's rock especially, takes me back, but it also makes me think of how long it's been, so that makes me feel older.

Back
Top Bottom