Songs That Are Stuck In Your Head

A favorite band, with some awesome slide work by Rick Derringer...

And, after a humorous discussion about old hippies...

At last, science explains it:

Why Do Songs Get Stuck in Our Heads?

The phenomenon is quite common. For instance, a study from the Proceedings of the 10th International Conference on Music Perception and Cognition found that more than 91 percent of people reported having an earworm at least once a week, while about a quarter had them more than once a day.

"Fundamentally, an earworm is your brain singing"

Why Do Songs Get Stuck in Our Heads?

Don't know why but this has been running in my head all day

As always, I am a "The Voice" fan and this song has been stuck in my head tonight, and really since I first heard it this season:

In days past, long before even Sony Walkman, while stamping out metal parts in a factory, I could "play" entire albums in my head. At least until the drugs wore off...

Heard this over in Arizona a few days ago and it is sticking with me - really like the lyrics, the video - meh.

This is the cure that I use:

1. Find a song that was once stuck in your head for a long, long time.
2. Sing that song.

My theory is that once you've had a song really stuck in your head for a long time, you are relatively immune to it. It will stick, but not for long.

So replace the new song with the old one, and you'll be free sooner.

The song I use is "The Chicken Dance Song."

This is the cure that I use:

1. Find a song that was once stuck in your head for a long, long time.
2. Sing that song.

My theory is that once you've had a song really stuck in your head for a long time, you are relatively immune to it. It will stick, but not for long.

So replace the new song with the old one, and you'll be free sooner.

The song I use is "The Chicken Dance Song."

Thanks, Al.

I prefer Tambourine Man.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Early Retirement Forum mobile app

This week the French National Anthem is stuck in my head, especially the marvelous scene from Casablanca: the French outsinging the Germans. Love all the tension in this scene!

George Ezra & Ian McLellen:

Didn't look for a better thread for this but it is amazing to hear the wolves howling during this.

Back
Top Bottom