Songs That Are Stuck In Your Head

Yesterday I saw a picture of Billy Joel in the current AARP mag (he has no hair now...looks quite different).

Anyway, woke up this AM with this one in my head:

Billy Joel - She's Got A Way (HQ with lyrics) - YouTube

Edit: And when I played this, it was in the same key as I was humming it!
While I was trying to concentrate on the here and now (during meditation) it came to me: This ear worm came from Lowe's. They were playing this when I was shopping for hardware. Maybe they think that if they play a love song, you'll buy more stuff.

Right now I'm all about the bass...no treble. Gaah! Goes with territory of spending quality road time with a couple of Millennials this past week or so!

Sent from my iPhone using Early Retirement Forum

Too lazy to go look up the title (think it's 'Ballad for a Soldier') but the song by Leon Russell with the line: "Stray dogs that live by the highway, walk on three legs" has been in my head for a few weeks.

Friday on the radio, they said this was the top hit of the week back in 1976, thought it would be an Eagles song, maybe Bob Seegar, but no, this came on, please make it stop!

Steely, thanks for the bass! It helped replace this one from my head!

Wow, that is terrible. Remind me to beat you on the head next chance.

I found an Alembic bass (what Stanley Clarke played) at a music store one time. They let me play it and that's what I did (nowhere near as well, of course).

At the risk of sending you off the ledge, I'll let you pick a new song from the attached (hilarious, btw) news stories about one of the worst bro country bands shilling for $$ out there right now...Fl/Ga Line. Awful, awful music.

I'm making the jump. And I'm taking Butch with me.

The strange thing with me is, every time I step into the shower I begin singing a song. Often the songs are from decades ago that I don't think I have heard in a very long time. The brain functions in mysterious ways. My wife sometimes asks me "where did you hear that song?", to which I respond "I don't know."
cbo

I've been playing this video game too much.... love the soundtrack, though! It's addictive. :D

Last edited:
Love this one - it came to mind yesterday with the explosion and is still rattling around today. He was in fine form for this recording - tough song to sing.

Ever have a song stuck in your cranium for a few days?

Not days, but years. Decades.

Windmills of Your Mind

Round, like a circle in a spiral
Like a wheel within a wheel
Never ending or beginning
On an ever-spinning reel
Like the circles that you find
In the windmills of your mind

Love this one - it came to mind yesterday with the explosion and is still rattling around today. He was in fine form for this recording - tough song to sing.

I love this song. He sang it at the first concert I ever went to. :dance:

Man, was that a long time ago. :facepalm:

Still brings me back to the Sun Bowl in 1972 every time I hear it though. :tongue:

I turned on the car and I always have an oldies station turned......Boom Boom by the Animals was playing on Monday and here it is Friday and I still can't get rid of it!

Back
Top Bottom